3 pt on M7040

barryla61

Equipment
M704o
May 26, 2012
Bedford, VA, USA
3 pt won't raise our bush-hog or any other 3 pt accessory over 1 ft off the ground.
Top link is in the bottom hole and the arm adjusters are in the back hole.
I read something about category I and category II, just didn't see how changing a bushing would make the difference.
Any help is appreciated.
Barry

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sometimes all it takes is the adjustment of the toplink. The tigher it is to the tractor the higher it will pick things up off the ground. Also how big of a bush hog are you using. Make sure its not more then the tractor can handle. with the M7040 you have I would think a 6 or 7 foot hog should do just fine.

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
3 pt won't raise our bush-hog or any other 3 pt accessory over 1 ft off the ground.
I read something about category I and category II, just didn't see how changing a bushing would make the difference.
Any help is appreciated.
Barry
the 3pt lift is terrible on the m series.put your lifting rods in the front holes of your lift arms.it will give you more lift.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
The amount of lift can be adjusted using a stop lever on the top of the left 3PH hydraulic lift arm. Adjusting it will allow some extra lift.

If my memory works, shortening it will cause the lift to lift higher. If you shorten it too far the relief valve will kick in. Not to worry, just lengthen it a bit to find the sweet spot.

If the FEL is balky when the 3PH is fully lifted then back the lever off a bit more. It is a trial and error process.

Oh, and shortening a hydraulic top link will greatly aid in lifting the rear of any implement off of the ground. But that option is a bit pricey.

Attachments

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I have a M7040. I pull a ten foot {3000} lb mower. It adjusts height of the bush hog via a hydraulic cylinder. Especially when the bush hog is cold I have to increase rpms to 1500 or so. Are you talking about at idle or are you too increasing rpms? How much weight?

barryla61

Equipment
M704o
May 26, 2012
Bedford, VA, USA
I have a M7040. I pull a ten foot {3000} lb mower. It adjusts height of the bush hog via a hydraulic cylinder. Especially when the bush hog is cold I have to increase rpms to 1500 or so. Are you talking about at idle or are you too increasing rpms? How much weight?
Hot, cold, idling or high RPM's no difference. Bush hog weighs about 1500 lbs

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
What about your hydraulic fluid. Is it white looking? If so it will not be very effective. How long since the last change? Hydraulic fluid filter? Hydraulic fluid level? Something is not right.

barryla61

Equipment
M704o
May 26, 2012
Bedford, VA, USA
What about your hydraulic fluid. Is it white looking? If so it will not be very effective. How long since the last change? Hydraulic fluid filter? Hydraulic fluid level? Something is not right.
Full service job just 6 months ago
You're right FOR $35,000 something is DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
Any help is appreciated.
Barry
another thing on the 40series tractors the lower lift arms are short to get more lifting weight.say for instance if they one 1"longer hoe much more lift would that give you on said mower.quite a bit.it would also make it much lighter on the frontend.i know people are going to say add weight which is true but it still made it lighter or you wouldnt have had to add weight.