3 Point Position Control Lever Hard to Move

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
I changed hydraulic fluid on my 4800 about a month ago. Since that time the position control lever is very "stiff" to move and my 3 point lift will barely get my cutter off the ground. Fluid level looks ok on the measuring stick. Yesterday while cutting some brush I looked back and the cutter was lifted to full height? I dropped the position control lever and the cutter didn't fall back down right away. I haven't ever adjusted the float control knob till then and the cutter did drop down. Any suggestions?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I changed hydraulic fluid on my 4800 about a month ago. Since that time the position control lever is very "stiff" to move and my 3 point lift will barely get my cutter off the ground. Fluid level looks ok on the measuring stick. Yesterday while cutting some brush I looked back and the cutter was lifted to full height? I dropped the position control lever and the cutter didn't fall back down right away. I haven't ever adjusted the float control knob till then and the cutter did drop down. Any suggestions?
Does that model have draft control?

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
No draft control lever. It only has the position lever. M4800SU model. The power steering and remote work fine. I have a parts manual with diagrams but don't understand how to make adjustments to the feedback linkage, if that is the problem. Any advise would be appreciated.