3 Point Lifting Capacity

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
I have a B2410 and just figured out the routing of the hydraulics so that both my front blade and 3 point lift operate.

I have a Land Pride FRD1660 finishing mower, which weighs about 575 lbs or so on the 3 point. My 3 point should be able to lift around 1200 lbs 24" from the back of the tractor, but won't pick the mower up off the ground. Is it just too much weight, or could I have weak hydraulics?

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Just up off the ground a hair.

I disconnected the mower and operated the 3 point - it will only go about 1/3 of it's full range of motion. I can easily operate it the rest of the way/pick the arms up, so it's not binding anywhere internally.

I was thinking bad o-ring, but i'm not losing elevation on the arms once they raise up, so it's either of two things:

1. Low on hydraulic oil. I'll check that tonight and top it off.
2. Even though I have the hoses to my B2056 loader valve hooked up where both the front blade and 3 point now work, I could still have them hooked up wrong.

Why is it so fvcking difficult to get operational data on Kubota parts and equipment? I'm seriously considering my purchase because of this very thing.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Start simple and check the fluid. Another question is how many hours are on the tractor and is it time for a hydraulic oil change and time to replace the filter?

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
Don't take this wrong, but I expect the trouble is in the new addition of a front blade. When something is changed and altered, then another part of the system doesn't work properly, it is overwhelmingly more probable that the person made a mistake, not that the machine suddenly has mechanical issues.

I see an array of manuals available, from Amazon, even, as well as EBay and and a variety of dealers and service centers. I guess I don't understand the crassness in your comment about it being so difficult to find manuals. I'm sure the instructions for the blade and loader are readily available, too.

I would suggest looking over the hydraulic plumbing. Posting a chart here may let the hydraulic gurus give you some advice.

Good luck!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Don't take this wrong, but I expect the trouble is in the new addition of a front blade. When something is changed and altered, then another part of the system doesn't work properly, it is overwhelmingly more probable that the person made a mistake, not that the machine suddenly has mechanical issues.

I see an array of manuals available, from Amazon, even, as well as EBay and and a variety of dealers and service centers. I guess I don't understand the crassness in your comment about it being so difficult to find manuals. I'm sure the instructions for the blade and loader are readily available, too.

I would suggest looking over the hydraulic plumbing. Posting a chart here may let the hydraulic gurus give you some advice.

Good luck!
I agree. Here are some questions for us to further understand what's going on- how many hours on the tractor? Did you just buy it? Previous to hooking up the front blade, did you use the 3 point to lift the mower? Did the 3 point work to lift the mower previous to hooking up the blade, or you don't know?
My B7100 lifts my 5' Woods finish mower fine, as well as a KK tiller that weighs close to 600 pounds. Your tractor has a higher lift capacity, so it can do it. Therefore, there is something wrong. It's just a matter of finding out what and when it happened/what caused it. Have you tried disconnecting the hoses to the blade, and then lifting the mower?

Last edited:

mlatour3300

Equipment
B3300SU
Dec 18, 2011
west lafayette, indiana
I have a B2410 and just figured out the routing of the hydraulics so that both my front blade and 3 point lift operate.

I have a Land Pride FRD1660 finishing mower, which weighs about 575 lbs or so on the 3 point. My 3 point should be able to lift around 1200 lbs 24" from the back of the tractor, but won't pick the mower up off the ground. Is it just too much weight, or could I have weak hydraulics?
I would agree with all said in an attempt to figure out the issue and surprised the B2410 is having any issue lifting the mower. I once had a B7610, and a Landpride 1560 finish mower on the back very similar to what you describe here and had no issue lifting the unit. One thing you must consider is when you remove the loader and/or blade and pick up what you describe the front end will become extremely light and so much so you will likely have to drag it vs. be able to pick it up and really drive anywhere unless you put clip on weights on the front.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Figured out my problem.

Slightly low on fluid, but not really enough that it would make a difference. The biggest part of the problem is that there was some mechanical linkage that needed adjustment between the control arm of the 3 point and the actual actuator for the piston.

My crassness about finding information still remains. Unless you go to the dealership, order a book, and wait 1-2 weeks, information for Kubota equipment is just about non-existent.

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
A quick search yields this thread:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4057

Kuboman mentions kubotabooks.com at the bottom of the thread.

You should look to see if any of their documentation supports your tractor ...

Supposing you find the parts manual or sumsuch and still can't figure out how to solve a problem the good people on this site can, and probably already have, come up with a solution.

Welcome on board and good tractoring.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd wait out the 1-2 weeks for Kubota books so you know you're getting all the info you'll ever need about your tractor.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
You'll find free parts manuals in PDF form online, but you'll have to pony up $100 for a service manual. That's just the way it is, Kubota manuals are just like any other Kubota part, it's pretty much a dealer only item. Combine a real service manual with the info you can search online and you'll be pretty well set up for DIY service/repair.

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
I'm glad you got your tractor fixed.

My crassness about finding information still remains. Unless you go to the dealership, order a book, and wait 1-2 weeks, information for Kubota equipment is just about non-existent.
I was referring to the cursing in the prior post. It seems unnecessary to swear at us. You knew you were doing, so "cleverly" got it past the filters by substituting a visually similar character. It just seems rude. It's not my board, I don't make rules, and am a big boy. I just find it disappointing on a friendly board like this.

I think with Kubota you are as well off getting online assistance as any other brand. Is your complaint that you want someone else to pay for the manual, them share it for free? There are dozens of pages about repairs, maintenance, and all other aspects of Kubota-specific information on this forum and others. The service manuals are easily available. You got several responses about your issues, within a reasonable time frame. I'm not trying to lecture or preach, I
just don't understand what you wanted or expected.

Can you explain in more detail your troubleshooting and repair process, so the next guy along can use your experience as a starting point?