3 point chipper?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
From my limited use, wc68 runs as smoothly as the MMM does. Only had it since last summer. But so far I am pleased. It does take up the functionality of the tractor (but I pile my limbs…not sure it makes sense to move the machine to the limbs around my property) when I’m use, but one less engine to worry about. I feel much more confident about it working when I want to use it than a stand alone engine that would only run occasionally. For a non commercial user I think the added hours on the tractor is negligible.

Attachments

BC2

Equipment
L4060
Apr 20, 2023
TX
Sounds like this chpper has no powered in-feed rollers. I'd stay away from one without feed rollers.
The rollers on my WC68 have a variable speed adjustment so larger stuff can get fed very slowly, and not lug stall the tractor. Very useful with my 18hp pto running the 20("minimum")hp WC68. Then speed it up for smaller stuff.
Correct, no controllable hydraulic infeed. May be an issue for professional everyday use. It works fine for most I have fed it. 5" oak that has dried for months in the TX sun may or may not work ... it will take out the PTO shaft shear bolt depending on how hard it is.