2501 50 hr service ?

REL1

Equipment
L2501 BH77, EA Grapple, Land Pride Grader Scraper
Apr 22, 2017
IN
My L2501 HST is getting close to 50 hours so I'm getting the fluid and filters to do the service myself.
I wasn't sure if there is a hydro screen filter that needs cleaned?
Other then the fluids and filters, front axle and a checking bolts is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
No screen to clean. Filter under right floorboard has a magnet, new filter should have a new magnet. Others are normal filters. When you remove the right one have the new one ready because the fluid level is above the filter. If you have a small shop vac (1 1/4 hose if I remember) remove the red fill cap on the rear, place the hose in the fill hole. Turn it on and change the right filter this will minimize the amount of fluid you loose.

REL1

Equipment
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Well thats good to know I couldn't find anything about a screen.
Got a shop vac hose reducer that should fit, or I can make it fit.

Thanks for the info !

Repair

Equipment
2017 L2501 - 2020 L2501
Apr 17, 2017
Lebanon, TN
No screen to clean. Filter under right floorboard has a magnet, new filter should have a new magnet. Others are normal filters. When you remove the right one have the new one ready because the fluid level is above the filter. If you have a small shop vac (1 1/4 hose if I remember) remove the red fill cap on the rear, place the hose in the fill hole. Turn it on and change the right filter this will minimize the amount of fluid you loose.
Why wouldn't you just drain all the fluids first?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I always change my fluids @50hrs. That's when the nasty oil comes out. Every service after that the fluid looked good.

Don't forget to re-torque the lug nuts on your wheels. Only a few of mine have been loose but I was glad to find them before it led to other problems.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
I did the 50HR service on my 3901 this weekend. Everything is super easy to get to on these tractors. I didn't use the vacuum cleaner trick when changing filters and only lost about a gallon of hydraulic oil. Just be quick to screw on the new ones. The magnet on the suction filter had almost no grime, which is unusual. My other tractors always had a lot of sludge on them.

Make sure you remove both drain plugs on the engine oil pan.

REL1

Equipment
Apr 22, 2017
IN
I have 44+ hours on it now, just making plans to have the stuff on hand.
And to make sure I don't miss anything :)
Was planing on using 80-90 gear grease in the front axle.
Think I'm going to wait a while to change the hydraulic fluid and just replace the filters for now. Dealer encouraged me not to change it yet.
Thanks for the info and pointers!

fendley

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SVL65-2
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
I did the 50HR service on my 3901 this weekend. Everything is super easy to get to on these tractors. I didn't use the vacuum cleaner trick when changing filters and only lost about a gallon of hydraulic oil. Just be quick to screw on the new ones. The magnet on the suction filter had almost no grime, which is unusual. My other tractors always had a lot of sludge on them.

Make sure you remove both drain plugs on the engine oil pan.
Is there a place online to purchase all filters as a package? I do not have a dealer close by. I have a 3901 HST coming up on its 50-hr service.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Be careful if you decide to go with ebay as not all sellers have Kubota OEM filters.

southcoastlocal

Sep 22, 2016
MA
Own a 3901 HST changed engine oil and hydraulic / transmission fluid. There are 4 filters on the tractor. 1 engine filter, 1 fuel filter, and 2 for hydraulics. All changed @50 hrs mark. I suggest completely changing the hydraulic fluid and not vacuuming it out. You pay too much money to save a $100 bucks or so on fluid. You don't want dirt or shit in your lines. The fuel filter is not called for @50 hrs but I was right there and fuel these day suck, so why not. Here a link for a free shop manual...

Get your filters from a dealer and have them mark them out. They all look similar and they are different colors than factory filters.

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoInde...file=L3301, L3901, L4701 Workshop manual..pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REL1

Equipment
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Done the 50 hour today.
Changed oil (Rotella T6) the oil filter and the hydro filters.
Used the shop vac trick and didn't loose much hydro fluid changing the filters.
Front axle was over a quart low but no leaks, must have just got over looked? Guess I should have checked it myself sooner.
FEL frame mounting bolts were loose, hopefully they stay tight if not I'll use the blue loc-tite.
Some things should be checked before 50 hours I think.
Still thinking of doing a front axle fluid change, most likely will soon.

Oh, I also installed that dang right fender handle that Kubota left off ! :rolleyes: