2013 M6060 buying question

cavjock23

Equipment
M6060,709 pull shredder, offset disk, Pallet forks, Box Blade
Apr 9, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm in the middle of buying a 2wd/cab air M6060 with 500 hrs. The dpf filter/egr/computers scares the heck out of me. This tractor will run once a month on the weekends mowing/disking/spraying. Mostly pulling a 7' Deere 709 and hopefully a 12' batwing down the road..
I'm keeping the tractor in a Conex/sealand container with plenty of venting so I'm not worried about rats/mice like previous tractors.. I know the ends and outs of the DPF world since I work in the construction industry. Does Kubota have this figured out? Run hard is the answer is what I'm told ( high rpm) and you shouldn't have a worry....
please let me know any bodies experience with Tier 4I and Kubota after 500 hrs.

Tractor will be in south texas..

Wormwood

Equipment
M5-111 SVL97-2 Sidekick
Oct 3, 2011
Little Rock, AR, United States
That's a tough question to answer...

What I can say is that a Tier 4 interim emissions is easily met by any mfg. kubota has had their plans in place for quite a while. I currently run an 2016 M62 TLB which is tier 4 final & I have no concerns about it's operation. As long as there's no record or evidence of DPF tampering, modifications, or replacement, I wouldn't be concerned. Additionally the run is hard, should be run it at higher rpm's. I keep mine about 2400rpms & it does good work & gives me a good run time between regens.

Now 500 hrs. is a curous time... I guess you'll have to let your gut be your guide. Look at the paint, is it worn off or chipped off? Look at the quick connects, do they have marks on the insides that would suggest frequent implement changes. Look for new components engine or hydraulic that have been replaced. Tool marks left on the case half bolts. If a mechanic has to crack open a case half there will be marks left behind. The things you could think of to look at go on & on, but you get the idea.

If you test drive it bring it up to temperature before getting off, performance can change drastically between cold & hot.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Someone with an M will log on sooner or later to answer more specifically.

I have the smallest of the 60 series tractors and love it. No problems with dpf or anything else. The only Kubota that has had consistent dpf issues is the B3350. The base Ls and the grand Ls, and the Ms, have not showed up on the forum with dpf issues, with one possible exception, but the guy that has it would rather complain than take it in to the dealer to be fixed or recognize that he might not be following the regen directions correctly.

I think the only issue some folks might raise is whether or not you will wish for 4wd :)

cavjock23

Equipment
M6060,709 pull shredder, offset disk, Pallet forks, Box Blade
Apr 9, 2017
Houston, TX
Thanks for the votes of confidence. A grew up a John Deere man. Running 4020's and such. This is my first taste of Kubota. I just wasn't convinced the deere in this class of tractor was the Best Buy. I inspected the tractor last week with the customer who is trading and the salesman. They were both very honest. The only service done on tractor has has been maintenance by the dealer. The tractor was very clean. Yes I am concerned about the four-wheel-drive or lack of from a resale standpoint. The terrain where I will be running the tractor in will be fine for a 2wd. I have searched the Internet both high and low to find any tier 4 problems with the M series but cannot seem to find any.
We closed the deal today on paper. It should be getting delivered in 2 to 3 weeks as my schedule allows.