2010 BX 2360-1400 hours

sledpuller

Equipment
Kubota RTV900
Mar 10, 2016
Stoneboro Pennsylvania
Hello,Tried the search a bit, couldn't find specifics.

Does anyone have one of these with hydro trans with that many hours? I had heard 100 hours is average on a 2010, they must park them in the garage and wax them. 5 foot belly mower and loader, a church had it since new, must have mowed the entire congregations yards with it. It has some cosmetic issues, but the dealer serviced it regularly. The have it listed for $8999. I think the price is ballpark, but I have not seen one for sale yet with that many hours. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Does anyone have one of these with hydro trans with that many hours? I had heard 100 hours is average on a 2010, they must park them in the garage and wax them. 5 foot belly mower and loader, a church had it since new, must have mowed the entire congregations yards with it. It has some cosmetic issues, but the dealer serviced it regularly. The have it listed for $8999. I think the price is ballpark, but I have not seen one for sale yet with that many hours. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Ask for ALL the maintenance records......if those fluids have been changed as they should I would say it will be fine. I would say that is a fair if not a good deal. I always offer less - not insulting less, but I would offer 8k and work up.
Those hours are probably cutting hours, look at blades and spindles and belt.
All of those (maybe not spindles) should have been replaced by now.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thank you,they did say the blades are completely wore out.
Sled,

offer less - blades will run you about 60 bucks or so, even less.

Send us pictures - if you are debating - I really do not think those hours are anything to worry about .....as long as the services have been complete!

You'll kick yourself later - and will have to look longer to get another, if this slides through your fingers;):)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Go to the servicing dealer. Ask to talk to the man in the back, Find out from the one doing the service what their opinion is. Ask him, if he was looking for a tractor for his personal use would he be interested in that one? Why?

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa

100 hours average for a 2010! Where did you hear that?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
100 hours average for a 2010! Where did you hear that?
I'm guessing he meant 100 hours per year. I saw that, too, and my 2013 has 170 hours.

Sled -

Just for giggles, price a new model. With Kubota 0% financing, and the option to include implements in the initial purchase, you may be surprised where you might end up. Just a suggestion. Couple weeks ago, a fella here did a new BX25D over a used model after the same suggestion.

I personally would not go $8k on a 1,400 hour machine, but that's me. If I don't feel like I stole it, I won't put up the bucks.

These guys have given great advice for your due diligence as you look further into it.

Best wishes. :)

sledpuller

Equipment
Kubota RTV900
Mar 10, 2016
Stoneboro Pennsylvania
A tractor salesman from a different dealer told me 100 hours for a 2010 was average on subcompacts. I thought about that, I mow 2 hours a week, x 4= 8 hours a month x 6 months, 48 hours a year, just mowing. Yea, he must have meant a year, he misspoke or I misunderstood.

After thinking about it and the condition, I pulled the trigger on same model/year, with almost 900 fewer hours on it. No broken taillights, no wore out mower deck, no wore out tires, no tore seat plus a grass catcher. Oh, and the cutting edge is not wore out on the bucket. Its a couple grand more, but I think I would have spent a lot of that on repairs. Thanks for the advice.:D Very good replies from all. For a first post, I am impressed with this board!!