1976 L260 With Kubota 1200 FEL

L260

Equipment
L 260
Apr 16, 2015
United States
hello new to site as of today so If I'm posting incorrectly I apologize. I have a 76 L260 I would like to sell with 1600 hours. I have a model 1200 loader that is not completely hooked up yet. Need a few hoses. Is $4500 a fair price? I am in West Michigan

Last edited:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
hello new to site as of today so If I'm posting incorrectly I apologize. I have a 76 L260 I would like to sell with 1600 hours. I have a model 1200 loader that is not completely hooked up yet. Need a few hoses. Is $4500 a fair price? I am in West Michigan
Well, West Michigan, I don't know for sure; you'd need to do your research on sales up there over the past year in CraigsList, eBay, and TractorHouse to see what L260s have been selling for.

To me, it does not sound like a fair price -- a few months ago I bought a B6100DT (4WD) with a loader from a dealer; everything was working and it had been freshly serviced. $4000.

Your L260 is much heavier, and with only 2 cylinders, has more horsepower so that's a plus. But you're hoping to sell it for a prime (in my opinion) price but the loader is in parts, and has bad hoses.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd hate it worse if nobody piped up and you tried and tried and tried to sell it, expecting someone to snap it up and put in the expense and trouble you didn't want to do to get it in marketable condition.

Good luck with it, I hope you can find a good home for it.

L260

Equipment
L 260
Apr 16, 2015
United States
Thanks for the responce. The loader is intact it just needs a few hoses. I will probably be posting loader separate soon.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
. . . The loader is intact it just needs a few hoses. . .
If I was looking at a tractor, I would want to see how the loader operated. If the loader is not work even because of a bad hose or more, I would be basing my offer on a tractor with a non functioning loader = less $$$. IMHO, for the price of the hoses I would replace them before I listed it for sale. You will get a better price for it (a bigger increase in the offer than the added cost of the hoses).

L260

Equipment
L 260
Apr 16, 2015
United States
Yes, I think your correct. I'm buying a smaller "B" series and just didn't want to mess with the 260. Does anyone have an opinion on the tractor alone price? I paid $2700 from original owner and think I paid on the high side.