What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Send the rain my way. It is so dry here now that my lawn is burning up even where there is usually standing water and many of the spring flowers and plants a slow coming for the lack of any rain. 2 Months ago we had close to 5 feet of snow on the ground, now it is dust.
Soon as I get my hay up I'll be wanting rain for the second cut. It sure would be nice if you could just put in a order for rain when it was needed. :rolleyes:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Killer bee (Africanized bee) swarm flew in the window and one got me in the neck, had the since to pull over and dial 911 before the whole right side of my body went numb and I about passed out, Not Fun!!!:eek::(

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I confirmed, in the middle of a field, that I indeed did need a new battery.:(

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
I confirmed, in the middle of a field, that I indeed did need a new battery.:(
Been there, done that.....not fun! How far did you have to walk?

I got caught in a sudden rain storm several years ago on a large property I was mowing. I had just checked the phone radar and nothing there, but only takes minutes for storms to appear here in the summer. Anyhow, I backed up under the edge of a tree to fend off the driving rain that was soaking me even though I had a canopy. Shut the tractor off and waited about 10 minutes for it to pass. Turned the key to head in to the truck and no go.....dead battery. Great! No choice but to walk the 1/2 mile back to the truck and come back to get the dead battery. Brought the truck back and got out to pull the battery and realized I'd just run over the left piece of the hood which was propped up against the tractor tire, but had fallen down. Great! At this point I was getting just a touch aggravated. Pulled the battery and headed out for the day. On the way home I stopped at the battery store and got a new one to install the next day.

Got back to the job the next day, put the battery in, started to bolt it down and.........wait for it..............wrong battery! Another trip back to the battery store 30 miles away. In defense, the guy said "that's what's supposed to be in it". So I told him to measure the old battery and low and behold it was NOT the right one.

Luckily from that point on things got better. Any time I think I'm having a bad day I go back to that one and think....things really ain't that bad! :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Years ago in Arizona while riding a motorcycle, I had a larger than usual Tarantula Hawk fly up my jacket sleeve all the way up to my armpit. He apparently thought my jacket flapping was an attack and proceeded to defend himself, by stinging the crap out of me. I must have looked like I was having a seizure as I tried to keep control, stop, & beat the thing to death all at the same time. Somehow I got stopped without killing myself or getting hit, jumped off & stripped off my jacket & shirt. The ornery bastard had stung me 9 times in the shoulder, bicep, & armpit before I pounded him to his component atoms. The pain was unbelievable. It was 45 minutes before I could ride, even with people helping with ice, water, & sympathy. The emergency room doc filled me with antihistamines, antibiotics, & pain killers- I wasn't right for a week.
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...e-largest-insects-in-the-world/tarantula-hawk

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
The little tool tray behind the seat on my B2650/cab A) isn't big enough, and B) does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling storing tools and pins and such next to all that glass.

So:

I mounted a mini-ammo can to the loader mount.

There were three drilled and tapped holes in the loader mount that aren't being used, so I made up a bracket to fit. Third hole is hidden behind the box.

I left a gap in the corner of the bracket so the retaining pin for the loader can be removed.

I'll get it painted up.

Someday.

Maybe.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Did a little clearing in the back yard using the M5140 with bush hog and Piranha tooth bar. Mowed part of it and uprooted a few trees with the bar. One mimosa tree was around 8 ft tall. Popped it up like a toothpick. A lot of the brush was wild grape vines. Gonna hook up the rake grapple tomorrow and see if it will rake up the roots; tooth bar isn't that great doing this.

Attachments

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Been there, done that.....not fun! How far did you have to walk?
:D
About the same as you -about 1/2 mile. Grabbed the jump starter pack and walked back. Drove it back home and decided it was a good day to do some cutting and welding.:cool: I knew I was pushing my luck. Wife was very sympathetic, "I told you to get a new battery for that thing several weeks ago" :eek: See if I try to be frugal again.:)

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
It finally happened, 18yrs and countless acres of mowing and other abusive terrain with the loader/box blade, the 21x8's are done. put a rock thru the tread ( and tube ) while I was hauling bucket loads of #57 gravel ( 2.5 block round trip, heading for load number 10 ). Now I'll get to see if the 20x10x10 Carlisles I've been planning on will work ( IF the farm supply store is open today )

re-hosed the loader yesterday, the lift and curl hoses finally started crying a few weeks ago, I guess 18yrs is the limit....., changed oil and filters just before the tire took it's last ride.

Free gravel is expensive !

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Been a hard week in the hay. Finally finished baling yesterday and spent most of today hauling to the shed. 14 loads made for a long day.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Dug a new spot for firewood yesterday. Hard to stack firewood if you don't have somewhere level to do it. That is a 12' 2x6" laying above the edge to give you an idea how big the area is.

Attachments

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
Then used the above contraption with a chain and "brush grubber" to pull up some yaupon trees that have started taking over. Ground was too wet though so I stopped after a few. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563982.956625.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432564002.295483.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432564020.034671.jpg

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Pushed a little gravel around inside garage after pulling out old floor. Was enough room to turn little tractor around inside. Old time concrete reinforcement was old bed frames ,steel wheels and old cable.
It all just fell apart. Had free use of a little yeller excavator so it made the tear out easy.

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
In the process of drying out a large area in the back. Its our shooting range and it never drys out completely. So we are using the B2650 to dig a trench and install a large section to be a french drain. I'm amazed how quickly the ground turns to clay its no surprise now why its so wet. As of now, we have a 300 foot trench headed towards a creek that runs through the property.

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
In the process of drying out a large area in the back. Its our shooting range and it never drys out completely. So we are using the B2650 to dig a trench and install a large section to be a french drain. I'm amazed how quickly the ground turns to clay its no surprise now why its so wet. As of now, we have a 300 foot trench headed towards a creek that runs through the property.
Ahhhhhh....... lovely Mosquito breeding trench:D Hope you get it piped and/or rocked over real soon