Pats Easy Change

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Got a set installed on my Deere. I'm getting tired of kicking around implements to get them lined up. The lighter ones like the rake aren't too bad, but the heavier items like the tiller and rotary cutter, can be a chore at times.:eek:

Pats users, do you constantly leave your sway control links loose? Do you tighten them down every time for a rigid mount and then have to loosen them up to drop and re-pick?

Here's some obligatory pics (guys are probably getting tired of seeing pics of my Deere:p )
I was able to cut off about 2" of the Pats stabilizer bar and it now can be stowed on my lower arm, when not in use. Nice and secure, out of the way and always with me.
I think i'm going to make a modification to the supplied Pats stabilizer. The square tube appears to be 1/2". I think i'm going to get 3/4" square tube and drill one 5/16" hole through it. Then in the 1/2' square tube, drill 6-8, 5/16" holes in it approximately 3/4" apart. Then i'm able to use a 1/4" linch pin for quick and easy adjustment and no issues with the screw knob coming loose and getting lost.

Last edited:

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I use telescopic stabilizers so I don't have to a spreader like the one you have. But, I've always been under the impression that the stabilizers sbould never be tightened so there is zero sway.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I use telescopic stabilizers so I don't have to a spreader like the one you have. But, I've always been under the impression that the stabilizers sbould never be tightened so there is zero sway.
Yeah i don't know for sure, as i've read both opinions on it. Either way, they are a pain in the arse to use. Contacted Mr. Mark Hodge and have a pair of his telescoping stabilizers on order. woot woo

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I like your idea on the stabilizer bar.
In reference to your question, I too have telescopic sway bars on my new tractor that keep things rigid.
I had an older tractor (L245) and back then I had some custom made telescopic bars made by Dan Hodges (forum member) that replaced the original threaded turnbuckle type similar to the ones you have. He does quality work at a fair price.
They are worth the investment imo and keeps things rigid and makes hookups easier as well.

eubie5

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, 60" mmm, loader, 54" landpride grapple, box blade, rear blade
Feb 24, 2019
greenville, indiana, USA
Just bought a nice quick hitch, and it won't fit on either of my implements. They are smaller, but the width of the pins are still cat 1. The tractor i just sold, i let my Pat's go with it, because i was planning on going to a quick hitch. Guess I'm going back to Pat's. They worked great on my old bx1800.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Just bought a nice quick hitch, and it won't fit on either of my implements. They are smaller, but the width of the pins are still cat 1. The tractor i just sold, i let my Pat's go with it, because i was planning on going to a quick hitch. Guess I'm going back to Pat's. They worked great on my old bx1800.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Damn. Got hosed both ways. On the bright side, you get to buy Pats again.

Don't forget to have Hodge build you a set of his telescoping stabilizers. Really compliments Pats system well.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I thought about a set myself (Pat's) but I just bought another M9 instead. With 3 tractors I don't have to change implements much at all. One for the round baler, one for the disc bine and one for the rotary rake. Only time I'd have to change implements is if I need to use the tedder.

Problem (for me) solved.

More than one way to skin a cat (and drain your wallet).....:eek:

eubie5

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, 60" mmm, loader, 54" landpride grapple, box blade, rear blade
Feb 24, 2019
greenville, indiana, USA
Damn. Got hosed both ways. On the bright side, you get to buy Pats again.

Don't forget to have Hodge build you a set of his telescoping stabilizers. Really compliments Pats system well.
No, didn't get hosed at all. Already returned the hitch through Amazon. Will go buy a set of Pat's tmrw at rural king. I actually drove to Greenwells the 1st time I bought them. He's only about 30 minutes from me.
How much were the stabilizers, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
How much were the stabilizers, if you don't mind me asking?
Somewhere right around $200 if I remember correctly. I think he makes them for BX's.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I recently installed a set of Hodge's stabilizers on my L245DT and now looking at Pat's system to go with it. I haven't yet built a subframe for my backhoe, so wondering if Pat's system will tolerate some light use from a 3pt backhoe from time to time?

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I recently installed a set of Hodge's stabilizers on my L245DT and now looking at Pat's system to go with it. I haven't yet built a subframe for my backhoe, so wondering if Pat's system will tolerate some light use from a 3pt backhoe from time to time?
I would think they could handle anything that can be attached to the lift arms, that is designed to be used in the category it is sized for. BUT I do not know what the official stance is on that, I don't own a backhoe. Try and contact them? I haven't searched the net about this yet, but there's bound to be some info out there in LaLaLand about Pat's and a 3pt backhoe.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I would think they could handle anything that can be attached to the lift arms, that is designed to be used in the category it is sized for. BUT I do not know what the official stance is on that, I don't own a backhoe. Try and contact them? I haven't searched the net about this yet, but there's bound to be some info out there in LaLaLand about Pat's and a 3pt backhoe.
I did search on here and TBN - didn't find anything.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I think the 4" add to the lift arms will be partially offset by the ROPS kit when it comes in, so I hope they can handle it.