B6000 how to make a front linkage, please!

Diddion

Equipment
B6000, snow plough, s850 rotavator
Sep 21, 2015
Tiverton, UK
Hi everyone.
I have a B6000 in nice condition which I bought recently and am currently repainting. I would like to be able to fit some cat 1 products to the front - notably a snow plough/grader, and perhaps a box. I already possess the plough, which is designed to fit on cat 1. On a budget, so I am not considering purchasing a bucket fitment.

Has anyone fabricated (or are there any suggestions) how to fabricate a front linkage? I am thinking of using a standard cat 1 system, with one or two hydraulic rams to act a lift arms.

Any thoughts or suggestions (or ideas for an alternative way forward) would be much appreciated.

Thanks from the UK!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Part of the question is.... is it possible that by the time you pay cost to fabricate 3pt front system... could you get a used more capable FEL at same cost or cheaper and no fabricating needed. That and FEL contains most all you need to still use your front blade.

I'm in same boat as you. Not yet sure which would be most cost effective, Fabricate front 3pt or FEL for my older L model

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I remember seeing that someone had made one for a kubota, but don't know how to search it, and can't remember the thread title...:confused:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I think he made his by copying or modifying a John Deer Front 3pt.

I can't seem to find the old thread either. You can't search by three characters (example: 3pt)

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hi,

the last link to landtreff.de was actually the reason to start with my own setup. It looked very easy to build a front lifter on my own and so I did it.

Befor you can built the lifter you need the hydraulic at the front.
LINK

@Diddion: If you like, you can ask. :D

der carl

Diddion

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
Tiverton, UK
Thanks for these really interesting replies. I don't have anything like the expertise of some of the posters (and the links), so would be looking for an easy way forward.

I think I could work out the hydraulics ok with my idea being perhaps to use a double acting upper link arm (or perhaps two of them in parallel, to help with lateral stabililty) to move the plough My main concern is to have a solid enough connection to the tractor. So, some more questions!

1. Should I even think of doing this? My local tractor dealer thinks that I might put too much strain on the front end - in particular the front drive mechanisms (it is a 4wd, and to my eye the front gearboxes look the same as the rear ones) He said that the chassis, unless properly strengthened, would not be sufficient.

2. The machine is a Kubota B6000; so, again, is this 13hp tractor too small for such an idea?

3. My idea is to bolt into pre-existing chassis holes, or to add a strengthening plate if necessary for each side. Or am I being naive, here?

Thanks again!

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Thanks for these really interesting replies. I don't have anything like the expertise of some of the posters (and the links), so would be looking for an easy way forward.

I think I could work out the hydraulics ok with my idea being perhaps to use a double acting upper link arm (or perhaps two of them in parallel, to help with lateral stabililty) to move the plough My main concern is to have a solid enough connection to the tractor. So, some more questions!

1. Should I even think of doing this? My local tractor dealer thinks that I might put too much strain on the front end - in particular the front drive mechanisms (it is a 4wd, and to my eye the front gearboxes look the same as the rear ones) He said that the chassis, unless properly strengthened, would not be sufficient.

2. The machine is a Kubota B6000; so, again, is this 13hp tractor too small for such an idea?

3. My idea is to bolt into pre-existing chassis holes, or to add a strengthening plate if necessary for each side. Or am I being naive, here?

Thanks again!

With that tractor, IMHO, best option, to put on front would be a front snow blade, Look for one off of a gravely rider, easy to adapt to your purpose, and you could even rig up a lever and cable lift. No sense in putting a lot of $ into front hydraulics, just to lift a blade, and a snow blower wide enough to cover your tracks would eat a lot of power that you just don't have a lot of...:D:D

Diddion

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
Tiverton, UK
With that tractor, IMHO, best option, to put on front would be a front snow blade, Look for one off of a gravely rider, easy to adapt to your purpose, and you could even rig up a lever and cable lift. No sense in putting a lot of $ into front hydraulics, just to lift a blade, and a snow blower wide enough to cover your tracks would eat a lot of power that you just don't have a lot of...:D:D
I think you are right about the hydraulics issue. I actually own two ploughs. One is a really strong, reversible blade on a 3-point linkage - very serviceable, I think. I also have a blade from a Wheelhorse Raider 12, which looks very much like the gravely rider blade. Maybe I should think of adapting/using that one - I am still concerned about quite how and where to attach it to the Kubota, though.

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I think you are right about the hydraulics issue. I actually own two ploughs. One is a really strong, reversible blade on a 3-point linkage - very serviceable, I think. I also have a blade from a Wheelhorse Raider 12, which looks very much like the gravely rider blade. Maybe I should think of adapting/using that one - I am still concerned about quite how and where to attach it to the Kubota, though.

Try to find a point low on the rear of the tractor, between the rear wheels, where you can fab up a bracket that uses existing bolts. That's what I did with my AC d-10, about 15 years ago. Put a v blade, made from 2 old gravely walk-behind plows, and a middle buster shoe on it...:D:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I put a couple hangers under my rear axle,extended beam to three point and put a box on back end for ballast. Three point up pushes blade down. Three point down,the ballast provides the lift for blade. My hangers under axle swivel front to back to accomodate arc of three point.
I used a single i beam for entire length. It pushes,and flexes a little and twists a little. Tractor isnt heavy enough to break it, but does push some.
Down pressure is almost enough to pick up front wheels.

Good for pushing, but doesent angle. Thinking about how i would do it. Maybe my old marine trim pump and cylinders.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I put a couple hangers under my rear axle,extended beam to three point and put a box on back end for ballast. Three point up pushes blade down. Three point down,the ballast provides the lift for blade. My hangers under axle swivel front to back to accomodate arc of three point.
I used a single i beam for entire length. It pushes,and flexes a little and twists a little. Tractor isnt heavy enough to break it, but does push some.
Down pressure is almost enough to pick up front wheels.

Good for pushing, but doesent angle. Thinking about how i would do it. Maybe my old marine trim pump and cylinders.
Vewy intawesting... do you have a thread in here on this? In the mean time I'll try to guess what might be some good keywords to search for your contraption if you do.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Diddion

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
Tiverton, UK
Solution found!

I have discovered a firm, based in Ireland, which distributes small front linkages. In view of my highly questionable fabrication skills I have decided to buy from them. Their current price for a small one (with 350kg lift) is 450 euros, and they also do a larger version for 550 euros - seem very good to me, even after delivery costs which would be added. They are really helpful - I spoke to Graeme who said that they would be happy to organise international shipment.

Their website is http://www.dansomachinery.com/2014/12/15/3-point-linkage-for-front-of-compact-tractor/

Attachments

Last edited:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Solution found!

I have discovered a firm, based in Ireland, which distributes small front linkages. In view of my highly questionable fabrication skills I have decided to buy from them. Their current price for a small one (with 350kg lift) is 450 euros, and they also do a larger version for 550 euros - seem very good to me, even after delivery costs which would be added. They are really helpful - I spoke to Graeme who said that they would be happy to organise international shipment.

Their website is http://www.dansomachinery.com/2014/12/15/3-point-linkage-for-front-of-compact-tractor/
Good find, and the price seems very good considering the quality that the pic shows. However, that looks like a rig for mounting on the rear -- have you decided to use a 3PH arrangement, or does that system somehow mount to the front of your B?

Diddion

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
Tiverton, UK
Good find, and the price seems very good considering the quality that the pic shows. However, that looks like a rig for mounting on the rear -- have you decided to use a 3PH arrangement, or does that system somehow mount to the front of your B?
In fact it has been designed to be mounted in front. There is a plate for bolting onto the tractor - but I have one of those strange boxes that hold an electric clutch and pulleys for the belly mower, so I plan to mount plates onto the chassis to extend it forwards, then weld a mounting plate between them onto which I should be able to bolt the linkage. I'll decide what to do when I receive the item.