Going Implement CrAZy

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I bought my B8200D on Tuesday of last week, and I bought a safety triangle (SMV) sign yesterday while ordering the manuals and getting information on a loader and backhoe.

Next weekend, Saturday, is Vermont's newly established annual NO-TAX day so after pricing everything out I decided I could only afford a new loader and I would look for a used backhoe.

Today I found a used backhoe for a B series Kubota tractor. It is a Woods 6500 backhoe in excellent condition with everything needed. I made him an offer and will pick it up for $4500.00.

I'm blowing my total budget for the tractor, but it was becoming apparent that I wasn't going to find everthing I wanted for $8000.00. Except for the John Deere 650 4x4 with loader and backhoe for $6980.00 I missed out on 2 weeks ago.

:eek: Ok, that's my confession, I like Green tractors as well. But my first love was my father's Farmall Cub. I only used it a couple of times. When I drove it the two miles to his house, and when I plowed up his back yard for a bigger garden. I've always loved driving anything on wheels and the more mechanical the better.

Since there isn't a general tractor discussion section of this forum I'll add a general question to this post. Has anyone written a book about Kubotas? I'd like to find one, it would be interesting reading.

My on-topic questions is for those who have a removable backhoe. Can you still use the three point hitch after the subframe unit has been attached?

Thanks for reading.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
WOW Slim! Green, Red and Orange :eek:

God bless the true tractor lover who sees past the colors and craves all things tractor :D

Congratulations with your new purchases!

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I agree with trailduster glad you like all tractors those farmall did and still do a lot of farming in the usa.Kubota is the first for me and beleive you will be happy with yours. Vic or dusty will probably jump in about your backhoe question or dusty. Good luck. handy

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Slim,

My B9200 came with a backhoe. I have it off right now. Mine has the subframe too. Good question about being able to use the 3-point with the subframe still attached.

I don't have any 3-point attachments yet, but you've certainly caught my attention on this matter. I will be watching this thread.:)

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Slim, congrats on that sweet backhoe! I bet your itch'n to go dig some holes.

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Like the backhoe woods makes good equipment. Color will match to.Keep us posted on the hookup.handy

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I found out that I need to order a different sub-frame to use the backhoe with my B8200, so tomorrow is the big day. I'll be spending more money on the loader, backhoe subframe, ROPS, than I wanted to spend on a tractor to begin with and that doesn't include the original price of the tractor. :confused: :eek:

As they say, in for a penny in for a pound.

At least I'll be too busy this summer to use my computer. :eek:

Naw, I'll find a few minutes around midnight.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I found out that I need to order a different sub-frame to use the backhoe with my B8200, so tomorrow is the big day. I'll be spending more money on the loader, backhoe subframe, ROPS, than I wanted to spend on a tractor to begin with and that doesn't include the original price of the tractor. :confused: :eek:

As they say, in for a penny in for a pound.

At least I'll be too busy this summer to use my computer. :eek:

Naw, I'll find a few minutes around midnight.
Slim, you better find the time! After spending all that money on the good ship lollipop you at least need to show it off :cool:

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Drum roll please ..............For the first time on OTT, my B8200D
Slim, that's a sweet looking tractor bro :cool:

Hay...what's that backhoe still doing on the trailer :eek:
I figured you already be out making holes for fun :D

Thanks for posting the pics!

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Nice looking tractor Slim. Looks like good tin. I always seem to get the ones that are banged up. But then again that is what I go looking for. You are gonna have a blast with that thing.:cool: Dusty

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
O.K. An actual question for the B'ers out there in OTT Land...

Are the side panels of the engine metal or plastic?

They are plastic on my BX, and that is probably one of the only negatives I have about it.

Just curious...

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
O.K. An actual question for the B'ers out there in OTT Land...
Are the side panels of the engine metal or plastic?

They are plastic on my BX, and that is probably one of the only negatives I have about it.

Just curious...
On the B7610 they are metal. They can be a bitch to pull from the release snap thingies. If mine were plastic I think they would have broken by now.

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
On my BX the sides and front all one piece :eek: !

It is such a pain to take off. I have to acually unbolt and take off the grill guard just to remove the pannels.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Slim, that's a sweet looking tractor bro :cool:

Hay...what's that backhoe still doing on the trailer :eek:
I figured you already be out making holes for fun :D

Thanks for posting the pics!

Scott
Well, I'm waiting for my new Woods LS84 Loader and the ROPS, and the correct Sub Frame Mounting Kit. If I could just throw it on I probably would have. :D

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Green Mountain Slim, nice :D !!!

So, what are your plans for the orange beast :cool: ?

Also, nice pics :D , people around here like to see them pics ;) !
ptwyz,

Let's see

Pulling stumps of several different sizes.

Cleaning up the "wood lot" section of our property.

Installing a pond kit.

Digging a water feature, or pond in a wet area of our property.

Putting in an access on the other end of our property including drainage
culvert.

Rerouting a new driveway.

Leveling and regrading around our house. (Probably fixing a few drainage problems left by the jerk who did it the last time.)

Preparing a new place for our 28ft box trailer in the trees, and an escape route for whatever moves it into place.

Preparing spots for chicken coops and runs.

Moving some bushes and small trees around our property.

Moving some boats, metal and other clutter that has accumulated or was pre-exisiting to our purchase of the property.

Preparing a pad for a trailer or motorhome setup on the far end of our property.

Excavating a fountation wall and slab for a garage/shop.

Tilling and replanting with the proper vegetation to make our chickens, ducks, and local wildlife happy. Also as an attempt to remove as much of the underground root system for the local trash trees as humanly possible.

Digging a moat. :D OK, so maybe not.

And I'm sure that along the way there will be plenty of hauling of materials and friend and neighbor work to keep busy. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh yeah, I also want to go out in the area and salvage a railroad switch which is down over a steep bank and bring it home as a decoration. Maybe there will be other neat things to salvage as well. Did I mention the wind turbine(s)?? Opps, and lets not forget the Groto to the Holy Mother.

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Well, I'm waiting for my new Woods LS84 Loader and the ROPS, and the correct Sub Frame Mounting Kit. If I could just throw it on I probably would have. :D
ROPS for a backhoe is a good reason to wait. Crap happens.
Oh, the mounting kit is a good one also :D

Definitely giving the girl a complete make over. Can't wait to see her when you're done.

Scott