Post your ROPS light mounting pics

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
I had an eleven paragraph explanation on how to do this exactly and correctly but when I hit "submit Reply" the system crashed. You need a relay and a circuit that is wired to the ignition switch. Not too hard to find if you know where to look. In a few days I will have a full explanation and photos ready for upload on OTT. Plus I am already in the process of building a YouTube Channel that will chronicle the mods on the tractor, trailer and implements including the ROPS lighting project. You will be able to find it in the coming week at http://www.BotaTrac.com :cool:

Hang in there kid - I'll get you there, just give me a few days.

Good luck and Godspeed..............BotaTrac
NO videos, yet, but hell I subscribed.

Also, I would STRONGLY suggest as many pictures as well as videos of the process. 11 paragraphs is great, but posts on how to are always better with images, Just sayin'.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I had an eleven paragraph explanation on how to do this exactly and correctly but when I hit "submit Reply" the system crashed. You need a relay and a circuit that is wired to the ignition switch. Not too hard to find if you know where to look. In a few days I will have a full explanation and photos ready for upload on OTT. Plus I am already in the process of building a YouTube Channel that will chronicle the mods on the tractor, trailer and implements including the ROPS lighting project. You will be able to find it in the coming week at http://www.BotaTrac.com :cool:

Hang in there kid - I'll get you there, just give me a few days.

Good luck and Godspeed..............BotaTrac
BotaTrac, I like the Reader's Digest condensed version! Think how much time it saved you.:D:D

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
You ran wires and the corrugated split wire loom INSIDE the ROPS? Please post pics of this. How big of a hole did you drill to pass the loom through the ROPS?
:eek:

Ha, ha, ha, ha............. No. I didn't drill a hole big enough to push the corrugated loom through - I drilled a 5/16" hole and put a small grommet into it (pic1 below) and then fished the wired down the ROPS with a fish tape. I unbolted the ROPS on one side and sprung the sections apart (temporarily) with a wooden wedge. After that, I cut the loom long enough to protect the wires from chaffing inside the entire run of the ROPS. finally, I was then able to feed the loom over the wires both ways where the ROPS hinges (pic2).

Attachments

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
:eek:

Ha, ha, ha, ha............. No. I didn't drill a hole big enough to push the corrugated loom through - I drilled a 5/16" hole and put a small grommet into it (pic1 below) and then fished the wired down the ROPS with a fish tape. I unbolted the ROPS on one side and sprung the sections apart (temporarily) with a wooden wedge. After that, I cut the loom long enough to protect the wires from chaffing inside the entire run of the ROPS. finally, I was then able to feed the loom over the wires both ways where the ROPS hinges (pic2).
I didn't think you would have done that. I am gonna run mine along the inside edge of the ROPS. My ROPS is sealed at the bottom where it mounts to the frame with rubber caps in the end of the folding areas. I'll get some pics once I start my install.

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
I didn't think you would have done that. I am gonna run mine along the inside edge of the ROPS. My ROPS is sealed at the bottom where it mounts to the frame with rubber caps in the end of the folding areas. I'll get some pics once I start my install.
Sweet! Please send pics when done!

Last edited:

wozza

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 12, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Well like most people, I completed my first mod by adding ROPS lights. Made a simple bracket out of 32mm x 5mm flat bar with a bit of high density foam as padding between the bar and ROPS. Then just cut and drilled and clamped to ROPS. The lights are 60w 7inch LED floods (off eBay for $35) and are powered through 2 relays (1 for front light and 1 rear) which are switched through the ignition. Photos are a bit crap, will have to get some during the daylight.

Attachments

dburke

Equipment
B2650
Jan 19, 2017
Mount Pleasant, NC, USA
LOVE the lights. The backhoe lights will come in handy while you burry the body of the guy who brings your daughter home after curfew! LOL

On a side note. I see that it looks like you are the only one in this post who actually drilled into the ROPS. Seams like all others used a wrap around mounting bracket approach. Should the ROPS be punctured? is there a MAJOR problem with drilling the ROPS? Getting ready to start my light package. I was thinking of drilling and tapping the ROPS and even plumbing the wires inside the ROPS. Will I be violating any major international law by doing so or is it just not smart? Some of the bracket installs look solid as a rock and very clean. all this has me second guessing my approach.

Please advise.
Drill Baby Drill is all I can say. All the installs with the wires on the outside and the lights strapped on somehow look like poop. You'll end up getting the wires caught and ripped out running them like that.

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
Has anyone used these before from AuxBeam?

https://www.auxbeam.com/70019593

What seems to be the most popular brand to use? I'm looking for some for my B2650 ROPS that should be here next week. I'm wanting a regular LED bar for the front but a combination white light to see, but also a strobe or something that's amber for when/if I'm on a road somewhere.

Thanks!

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
Has anyone used these before from AuxBeam?

https://www.auxbeam.com/70019593

What seems to be the most popular brand to use? I'm looking for some for my B2650 ROPS that should be here next week. I'm wanting a regular LED bar for the front but a combination white light to see, but also a strobe or something that's amber for when/if I'm on a road somewhere.

Thanks!

I use them they work great so far had a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
My installation is similar to others posted here. I made the mounting brackets out of some angle and flat bar that I already had. I wanted the lights mounted on the outside of the ROP and as high as possible. We mounted individual switches for the front and rear lights in the plastic panel to the right of the seat. I wasn't paying attention when I bought the switches and they are 120 volt so the led's are not currently working. I have found the same switches in 12volt and with orange led's so these will get changed out soon. Power was pulled from the factory work light circuit at the right rear taillight. All wiring connections are sealed with heat shrink. The lights are super bright and I am really happy with them.
What brand lights did you use?

tor

Jun 25, 2009
SC
Using these on my mighty MX5200. Around 8K lumen each direction. Two waterproof marine switches on right side of the seat. Mounted inside the ROPS to protect them from branches and operator errors [emoji23].

Last edited:

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
Using these on my mighty MX5200. Around 8K lumen each direction. Two waterproof marine switches on right side of the seat. Mounted inside the ROPS to protect them from branches and operator errors [emoji23].

What brand and model of lights did you get?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I had to put mine on top as well,, my big head kept blocking the light