3 pt Stabilizer mod.

soarkrebel

Equipment
L3000DT
May 12, 2011
Royal Arkansas
Well this is my first post on this site and thought I would share a fix I came up with for the Stabilizer on my L3000DT. I kept bending the stock ones and I bought some left hand all thread to fix them. Still bent them so I had a bright idea.
I bought some 3/8th chain and a couple of grade 8 bolts. I reamed out the turnbuckle for the bolt and trimmed the bolts to my needs. Split a link of chain and welded it to the bolt. And now I haven't bent any more of them.
I always seem to bend them when pushing my box blade backwards and now I don't.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice mod. That looks like some of that red neck engineering. I'm sure that helps when you unhook from implements as well. No more adjusting turn buckles.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
If you kept breaking turnbuckles that bad when back grading, then your doing it wrong and are pushing to deep into the ground or material. If your top link is wound out to far that can be one problem! My dad has an L275 for better part of 30 years for a landscaping business and has never once replaced a turnbuckle.

soarkrebel

Equipment
L3000DT
May 12, 2011
Royal Arkansas
If you kept breaking turnbuckles that bad when back grading, then your doing it wrong and are pushing to deep into the ground or material. If your top link is wound out to far that can be one problem! My dad has an L275 for better part of 30 years for a landscaping business and has never once replaced a turnbuckle.
This mod is far superior to the Kubota design. And there are times when I do use the rear cutting edge. This design allows me to have some slack in the implement.

soarkrebel

Equipment
L3000DT
May 12, 2011
Royal Arkansas
Oh and most of the time I bent them pushing brush. When I bought this 17 acres and my home the former owners never cleaned up after the ice storms. I spent many hours on my tractor dragging,piling up and burning trees.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm still scratching my brian trying to figure out how in the hell you bent turnbuckles espically if your just moving and piling up brush. You'd be the first by far I've ever heard of breaking turn buckles. If you were back blading and accidently hit a stump or a massive root I could understand that. Not trying to be mean or picking on you but something's not being done right to break threw 2 sets of turn buckles.

soarkrebel

Equipment
L3000DT
May 12, 2011
Royal Arkansas
I'm still scratching my brian trying to figure out how in the hell you bent turnbuckles espically if your just moving and piling up brush. You'd be the first by far I've ever heard of breaking turn buckles. If you were back blading and accidently hit a stump or a massive root I could understand that. Not trying to be mean or picking on you but something's not being done right to break threw 2 sets of turn buckles.
Stop scratching your head.....:D
I am not the only one that has bent them while working....... http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2957

What happens is the all thread portion is not that big. If you push trees and heavy brush with the back of a box blade it applies pressure to those little all thread pieces that attach to the turnbuckle.
The pressure is not always even and they will bend. Not the turnbuckle just the all thread.
I used to just buy metric left hand thread all thread and weld a new piece in.
I got tired of this so now the chain allows flex and doesn't bend.
But I think your thinking I broke the turnbuckle and I didn't....just bent the all tread portion......

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
My B5100 is threaded for 10mm on the front and 12mm on the side so my guess is most likely they are metric thread, You may have to take a trip to the hardware store and pick up a few different sizes and test thread them.