3 pt hitch stabilizers - L2800

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
While I'm posting, a 3 pt. hitch question. The local Tractor Supply has a heavier duty stabilizer bar which I'm considering using to replace the relatively weak bolt'n'twist type that came on my tractor, the outer bolts of which have twisted with even moderate use [applying a scarifier or 60" cultipacker to GA red clay]. Has anyone had issues with fit or use in using such aftermarket stabilizers [described by TSC as fitting Fords and New Hollands, but not orange?]. Thanks in advance for any advice!

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
Well, I checked them out and the Tractor Supply stabilizers won't do - too long and the Kubota lift arms are too wide. I watched the videos here [very good!] and checked parts diagrams from Messicks and will now get and replace a couple of check chain parts, instead.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I replaced my turn buckle type with telescoping type like the bigger tractors have. I bought them from Kubota. They may cost a little more but they fit perfect and I have never had any problem with them either. Just my 2 cents.

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
Bulldog, do you have a Kubota part no. for telescoping stabilizer arms that might fit? Do yours connect to the sides of the lift arm? The trick on the L2800, probably same with other recent vintage Ls, is that the lift arms flare out pretty wide, making it tough to fit a stabilizer [like the 28-36" long, heavy duty adjustible stabilizer arms from TSC, its part no. 0267856] designed to attach with the lift arm at the lift pins on the implement. The OEM check chains, as shown on the OTT video, mount to the outside of the lift arms before the 'flare.' I messed up by not checking there adjustment with different implements, leaving enough 'sway' so that my heaviest implements bent and eventually snapped the bolt on the end of the check chain [Kubota part no. T-1230-39720, for those wondering ...]. I would think a more solid arm would be an improvement over the bolt and turnbuckle OEM, if you use a heavier implement like my Bushhog 60" pulverizer, which is one heavy, hard-working sumbich when you pull it across compacted GA red clay ....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
RxDiesel, It's been so long ago I really don't remember the part number. I can tell you for sure that they were original equipment on the L 4300 model tractor. I did the research on all the arms and found that the stabilizers could be changed out. The new ones were a direct replacement for the turn buckles. Nothing has to be modified in any way. Just take the old off and put the new on.

If you really wanted a good upgrade the 4300 also came with telescoping lift arms and they will interchange as well. I couldn't see the need because most of the implements for a L tractor can be moved around by hand fairly easy.

Maybe some of our experts can find a part number for you and help out on this one. If not I will try to find the number for you. If your dealer has a good parts man he should be able to look up the stabilizers for a 4300 and hook you right up. I hope this helps you out.

Attachments

Last edited:

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
Thanks, Bulldog. I want ahead and ordered just the replacement bolt-ends for mine from Keller Kubota in Pa, they had them and other stuff I needed in stock. Must say, thought, the telescoping arms are a good idea: I wear myself out connecting my Bushhog PVS-60" pulverizer or Woods finish mower to the stock hitch. Either the telescoping arms/stabilizers help alot, or you are one manly dude if its 'fairly easy' for you to connect dirt-impact implements! Getting both lift arms on these heavy implements, single handed, is work for this 54 y/o weekend pasture servant .... I may have to look into the telescoping lift and stabilizer arms.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I chose to just have the telescoping stabilizers and did without the arms. If I remember right the arms were about $300 and I just couldn't see that. The stabilizers on the other hand are a great investment on a tractor this size. This size tractor is so handy for so many different projects I change implements out quite a bit. The stabilizers are a life saver. I guess the only thing that I installed on mine that I would rate above them would be the quick detach for the loader bucket. Now instead of taking the entire loader off for mowing I can just drop the bucket. It really makes it nice when swithing from bucket to forks also.

It really don't matter how manly a person is as far as how easy it is to change implements. I think it's smarter when you can do it quicker and safer. Use the brain and save the back.

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
bulldog, I have the quick release on my FEL, very handy. You are right on brains versus brawn, and I'm careful to line up the 3 pt. hitch for the heavier implements, but it never seems to be that easy to get those lift arms on either end.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
For under $300 I feel like the quick attach is money well spent if you find the need to remove the loader for certain task. I used to take my loader off when I mowed the yard because the bucket always seemed to get in the way. Now I just pull 2 pins and set the bucket off. It's alot easier on the loader cylinders not to have to support the bucket weight when I use that tractor to rake with. That's a lot of weight hanging out there bouncing around for no reason. I'm sure it will add life to the hoist cylinders.

I can't make myself spend the money for the telescoping lift arm for my L series though. Most of the implements can be moved just enough to get them hooked up without over straining the back. They are a must on my M series though. My disc mower weighs about 2000 lbs and my rottary cutter is around 3000 lbs. I don't care how strong you are that is way to much weight to try and man handle. The telescoping arms really shine on something that heavy.

I've considered trying a set of Pat's Easy change hitch system ends. Has anybody ever used them before? I'm curious about how they hold up but don't know anybody who has any.

charles wharton

Equipment
l4300
Jul 11, 2017
NASHVILLE
For under $300 I feel like the quick attach is money well spent if you find the need to remove the loader for certain task. I used to take my loader off when I mowed the yard because the bucket always seemed to get in the way. Now I just pull 2 pins and set the bucket off. It's alot easier on the loader cylinders not to have to support the bucket weight when I use that tractor to rake with. That's a lot of weight hanging out there bouncing around for no reason. I'm sure it will add life to the hoist cylinders.

I can't make myself spend the money for the telescoping lift arm for my L series though. Most of the implements can be moved just enough to get them hooked up without over straining the back. They are a must on my M series though. My disc mower weighs about 2000 lbs and my rottary cutter is around 3000 lbs. I don't care how strong you are that is way to much weight to try and man handle. The telescoping arms really shine on something that heavy.

I've considered trying a set of Pat's Easy change hitch system ends. Has anybody ever used them before? I'm curious about how they hold up but don't know anybody who has any.
I have pats easy change on mine and love them