best bits & worse bits about your orange friend.

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
I have a L5740 and love the cab. On the open tractor I used to mow with I always had to put up with multiple attacks from yellow jackets that live in the ground. Now I just chuckle watching them attack the tires while I sit back in air conditioned bliss.
The negative, can't roll the bucket up and lift at the same time.

Ringneck

Equipment
BX2200,FEL,MMM,FMSB,Rear Blade,Disk,Landscape Rake,Cargo Carrier,Soft Cab.
Apr 12, 2014
McMillan, Mi
It is such a powerful machine and can do so many things. :)

The Bad part of it is also it's such a powerful machine and can do so many things that I get myself in trouble so fast I spend more time outside then I really need to. :eek:

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
L3200HST

Likes - Durable and well built. Kubota quality shows. Comfortable seating position.

Cons - Noisy engine (not specific to Kubotas, all these size tractors are in the dark ages in noise management). I would pay extra to have a noise attuned engine compartment like on my 50kw diesel genset or what most mini excavators come with. I would like more loader capacity and lift height as well.

My thoughts,

David

Yeah, I don't understand why they can't make it quieter. My friend has a Deere 50D excavator on tracks, and you can barely hear that thing! Super quiet.

Truckedup

Mar 20, 2014
Ontario NY USA
Newer owner with a B7100D....I like the quaint Japanese touches, like the hood latches and hood styling. In general it's well designed, but.....
The three point lift has no adjustable stop so the lift can't be lowered and then raised into position without looking. The front drive axle lever can be engaged by your foot when climbing aboard. Parking brake requires bending over, and I'm a thin guy . but I modified it .....

Sledge

Equipment
B7001, Big B 4ft topper
Sep 17, 2012
Gloucestershire UK
Not been on here for months because of the floods around here; our orchards were under water for weeks. Thankfully it didn't get into the tractor shed, but the B7001 was sat up for seven months. Tried to start it for the first time today, checked oil, water, replaced charged battery - on the button :)

Love her to bits.

Just wish she had a bit more power, but at 30-odd years old I can't complain.