What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
Well, I M mostly assembled the Titan chipper. I need to clean up two holes on the discharge chute and put in the bolts.

The nut and washer for one of the three poin pins were MIA, so instead of wasting 2 hours running to the store, i switched gears and used the 6' rake I bought at TS.

So far, I am thrilled with the rake. It fits the BX fine.

I have about 1/2 acre of land that I have been working on and the result, up until today, was a lot of dirt and rocks. The rocks range from golf balls to watermelons.

I have been unable to clear these rocks with my bucket, box blade nor grapple. But with this rake, rotated 2 pins from the most angled setting worked great.

At the most sever angle, it really did a almost nothing.

Straight, it bounced over rocks, but angled it was sweet.

Cleaned out at least 90% of the rocks that have been the bane of my existence for the past year.

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Couple things this week, used the trailer to bring my BX-25D approx. 15 kms. to pick up a giant Yellow Birch that the local electric company felled on a lady's property which was interfering with their hydro lines. She wanted the tree gone, so used the loader with choke sling and chain to pick up all the pieces and put onto my 12ft. trailer, transport home, then go get the tractor again. I suspect I'll get over half cord firewood from the tree, base was over two feet diameter.
I also mowed my lawns with the 54" Mid Mower deck, and finished building my weight box/rack, and used the tractor's 3pt. hitch to pick it up and bring home from work- - on the way home with the trailer. It ended up being heavier than expected, as I've been saving and scrounging all the steel barbell weights I could find cheaply. The rack itself weighs 148 lbs, plus with the barbell weights and the Multi-gym stacking weights, now totalled 544 lbs.
I'll post photos in the 'Implements' and 'Fabrication' sections later this morning
This week I'll also be using the sling and loader to hold the birch pieces while I block the birch with the chainsaw for splitting.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom

Yet another trailer load of bricks moved for my dad ..... We could seriously build a small building with all the stuff he has squirreled away over the years.... in the process of moving it all to one area and organising it for ease. Still lots more to go. These bricks are storage heater bricks might use them to make a barbecue or kiln eventually.

also added rear led spots ready for the dark winter evenings and 12v power sockets to allow me to use my tyre compressor and USB chargers.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

millsan1

Equipment
I picked up the HF quick hitch. Worked well for my BB, Grading Blade and Rake. Worked OK for the Chipper. I had to mount the top link connector to the very bottom hole, which let it pivot. Worked, but not great.

Hooked up the Titan BX chipper, got the PTO shaft in place, lubed the chipper and the PTO shaft.

Started the chipping (this is my first PTO implement).

Threw in a twig, braaaap

Threw in a big twig, braaaaap

Threw in a branch, braaaap

Threw in a big branch, braaaap

Threw in a small log, no braaaap

I thought I broke my new toy. Just snapped a shear pin. Put in a new shear pin, same result. Put in a slightly beefier shear pin and avoided small logs for the rest of the session. Will eventually try another small log, but have plenty of branches to keep me busy.

For the rest of the session, I stuck with 3" or smaller stuff and the chipper worked fine.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, today is kind of a big day as we brought our "new to us" B7510 and its attachments home after work tonight! :D

Some day I'll figure out how to make small photos so I can post them here. In the meantime, I have some reading to do in the Workshop Manual!

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Very little, bit I could not wait to get home.
My re-chromed grab handles were set to arrive today,
and they did, quite a difference from when I mailed them out 2 weeks ago
Graphic1.jpg

And they look beautiful against the fresh paint.
DSC_0058 (3).jpg
DSC_0061 (3).jpg
DSC_0063 (2).jpg

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Would you please take some measurements of those and post them. Mine are gone and too expensive to buy from dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Attached is a link to a Dropbox folder where I posted nine pictures with different measurements. The threads are 14 mm x 1.50
Let me know if you have any questions or need further measurements.

FYI, I was told by my dealer these were discontinued, but even at I think $154.00 ea.,
that was too much money, a used set might be found at a bone yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qvkpt2s38h2fzgv/AAASyXsMcKOSrXSImlDcWm27a?dl=0

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Brush Hog 48" "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
Rhino 48" Rear Blade
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks
36" Sears Snow Blower (still to be mounted to the front PTO)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Got back out there. did a test fit of the bumper before I
paint it and "then" find an issue, but it fits nice.

Had to do some spacers due to the FEL frame,
did not want to cut off the tow hook.

DSC_0067.jpg DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0057 (2).jpg DSC_0056 (2).jpg

millsan1

Equipment
Neighbor came up with his case 580 and knocked down the big piles of dirt into a semi flat area for me.

Used scraper and rake to level it out.

Use FEL, scraper and rake to pull a bunch of topsoil from top of hill to lower part of hill and smooth out.

I really like my rake, but starting to doubt the blade. Probably taking the blade back to TS.

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Last night and today was all about wheels,
got the fronts sanded, cleaned and masked last night, the rears today
taped.jpg

Primered and painted
primered.jpg painted.jpg

Did not spend a lot of time or effort on them,
the rust problem is pretty bad (highlighted area is missing metal).
Looks like someone put a liner in and it is working for now.
damage.jpg

Hoping to find some US wheels that will work,
so I am not stuck with rice paddy tires as an only option.
But for now these have lots of tread.

Also fixed my sinking 3-point, that info can be seen here;
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25332&page=3
Glad that turned out okay.
Except I still need to fix the lack of Slow / Fast Control.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed a "Zombie Property" across the road. Guessing 1.5 acres all together.

Neighbor died, house had reverse mortgage. Bank or heirs didn't do anything, so I mowed it couple years. Then it was mowed couple years by a contractor hired by somebody.

Now it has had sale pending sign for 2 months - no mowing.

I did it again, because the neighbors next door have a nice house, and don't need 2 foot lawns next door. We've lived across road from them for 25 years.

The BX2360 did a great job. It's not pretty, because the contract lawn guys did a really shitty job before, and missed more places than they mowed. Betting they got paid better than me, though, which is $0. Neighbors next to it like it, though.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bet I could have gotten a dozen bales off it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Great day of mowing, this little tractor amazes me. The grass was above my knee, guess I need to make it to the lake more often!

Attachments

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Used the B2150 to pick the loader off the L2850 in prep for the engine repair job, then took the air nozzle after things after removing some panels to get some old dirt and oil soaked dirt blown off before digging into it. Next will be to drop the rear loader mounts off it in prep for splitting the engine away from the trans.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Started cleanup of my various steel bits,put short pieces on pallets and moved all to my canvas shelter.so now one garage is almost empty. My 3 point forks worked awesome. Tested three point mower 60" with my 48" tow behind. Worked very nice, nothing like cutting an 8 foot swath with A 15 hp tractor. My tow behind is grossly overpowered with 18 hp so it doesent even snort in the long stuff.

Was a great day i think.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Working on putting in a drain in drive way and using little bx to move 4 bags if concrete at a time and dig out ground for drain boxed area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk