What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I only have 11 hours on tractor so far. So this part of the break in process.

Took the ballast box off yesterday to move the trailer around. Not sure if that extra weight would have helped.
As D2Cat noted keep your bucket low, from the picture it looks up and appears to have had some load. Rear weight would have helped especially if your rear tires are not loaded. A 4wd tractor can really get unstable with the fel up and most of the weight on the pivoting front axle.

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
After managing to break welds on my Grapple, I took it in to the dealer for warranty repair.

Was doing some grading with the BB and FEL, and then promptly broke a weld on my quick attach on the front end.

The bad part was, I had a nice big hole right next to my driveway where I had just dug out two stumps. I needed to fill in said hole, but no FEL. So I tilted the BB so it was angled down in the rear and used it to bull doze fill into the hole.

Made an attempt at repair using my cheapo 120V MIG, but no es bueno.

Going to take the quick hitch to a friend who has a real 240V welder.

On a positive note, because my tractor was basically down, I actually cleaned up and refloored my garage.

sgraber

Jan 24, 2016
US
Moved a big boulder out of the yard and placed it under our pine trees and then tilled the garden. Now I just need to smooth the ground out and it's ready for planting.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Finished tilling lower big garden and smoothed out rough areas. Mother thought it would be fun to till garden as well going over places and till more rough spots. I am scared of flipping tractor sideways it it starts to tilt too far for comfort. She was afraid to strip gears on it. Not a single shear pin broke as many rocks in ground. Pulled old tree stuck in creek beside garden to open up creek a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Something a little more productive today, installed 50 pieces of manufactured concrete edging blocks as part of a terracing project in the back yard.

Love, love, LOVE the SSQA!!! Switched back and forth between the forks and the bucket several times, lugging edging blocks with the forks and stone dust for the base with the bucket.

The back side of the wall will be backfilled with good loam and graded out to reduce the slope of the lawn and then seeded.

There will be a flower bed about a foot or 18" wide along the wall itself between the step on the generator end and the step on the far end. That big ol' Maple shades a lot of it for the bulk of the summer so I'll have to get a little creative picking plantings.

It ends where it does because the blocks were a freebie from a friend and that's all I had to work with. Also, the slope is a little less drastic on the other end and I need unfettered access to the firewood shed on that end of the house.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What size did you order? Is it granite?

Maybe edging the driveway with brick pavers or landscaping edgers will help keep it from seeping into the lawn.
I ordered 1's, which I did several years ago from the same company. It's not granite.

However, the company was bought by another firm recently.

As you know, several different ways to name stone size. My bad for not verifying first.:eek:

I'm not sweating yet. Get some rain and traffic on it, then we'll see. It's good crushed stuff, just small, and deep (4" +/-) in a few spots to get grades.

I made a ripper tooth for my TSC middle buster last year. If needed, I'll hook 'er up, and make parallel passes to bring up the base, and help lock this down. Then box-blade it with long top link to smooth down again.

Most of the driveway is on the level, but approach is ~30' up a grade to the house. That's where the problem is. Also, need it packed down to run snowblower over - before you know it...........:eek:

Last edited:

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Grandson and I moved the York rake up to the back, hooked up the forks and took out the last of the horse shoe pits then moved the crate with the drag harrow up to the back field as well. After that we rode around for a while and just enjoyed a gorgeous day. Tomorrow we'll start taking the garden apart, fending and posts so we can till, rake then make rows for the new one. It's great working with a 3-1/2 yr. old. :D

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Last weekend, I removed the 2789 Snowblower from my BX25D, sprayed it down with jig-a-lube, and covered it with tarp, and I received the 1.5" rear Wheel Spacers I had ordered, so removed rear R-4s and installed them and wheels again. Noticable difference in look (stance), and expect the extra 3" width will make an improvement in stability, with the weight of the homebuilt cab, which I may or may not remove for the summer.
I also installed a sweet set of small half-moon concave mirrors outside on the cab doors, and they are small enough I hope they will not get hooked and torn off. With the addition of a 10"X3" interior mirror too, I now get a good view of my rear surroundings when maneuvering.
I've already posted photos in the Fabrication topic today, but will do a couple here too.

-Greg

Attachments

socapots

Equipment
bx2360, Landpride box blade, FEL.
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Bought parts.
So at some point I'll replace a couple of steering linkage boots. And the Clevis and pins holding the hitch adjustment arms.. or whatever they are called

Hnaths

Equipment
B7000
Apr 19, 2016
Canyon Creek Alberta canada
It was all too easy...which tells me putting it back together won't be.
I broke the clutch release fork the other day on my b7000 which in turn broke the rear seal on the clutch release rod. No biggie $35.00 worth of damage and 2.5 hr tear down. Got to look at her clutch, :p...which is still within spec.
Lesson learned: check the pressure plate adjustment nuts when there's too much free play and the clutch pedal adjustment arm is maxed out.! :D
The good part is I got to get down and dirty and she in turn submitted willingly. We'll see if she return the favour when she gets some nice shiny new parts. :) :D

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
Changed out the glow plugs today. They worked even over the winter but they were just slow. They looked original and still ohm'd ok but sometimes you just know it's time for something to be replaced. Well I can tell ya she is cranking up a lot cleaner now and my time holding them on will have to be adjusted.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Did some log cutting with three point double blade circular saw, then away with with a rear mounted articulated loader, until the rain stopped me at 2 pm for a quarter hour, then at 3 pm again and so forth

Attachments

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Worked on my Battery tray Replacement, Went from a small cash box almost
to a real life Kubota Battery Tray (still a few steps to go),
$34.00, a little elbow grease and time.

Way too many photos to upload here, but this is the basic procedure....

Started with this;
DSC_0054 (2).jpg

Tore it apart and then trimmed the bottom to 1", smoothed out the edges
and drilled the mounting holes;
DSC_0077.jpg

Pressed in the "dimples" so the bolt heads are not going to interfere with the battery base;
DSC_0080.jpg

Drilled the air filter bracket(s) mounting holes and did a test fit;
DSC_0092.jpg

Made a set of angle brackets for the hood mounting.
Still need to remove a 1 7/8" section from the front to rear depth
and then weld the two halves back together, so it will clear the opened hood,
and weld on the hood mounting angle brackets.
It will be 1/2" larger in width than the stock one, but that should not be noticeable.
DSC_0064 (3).jpg

All in all it has so far come out pretty good.
And compared to the original, which i do not see how it held up the hood,
this will be a great improvement for a part that is no longer available fro Kubota.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Very clever use of the lock box!

Odd hood hinge arrangement. On my L185 there are nuts welded to the vertical legs that hold the battery tray to the frame, then some bent straps that bolt to the battery tray legs and the hood bolt to the straps.
Anyway those strap metal parts are not available - at least the left one was not available when I wanted to replace mine that was bent. The other side was available.
Notice the little round nubs sticking out... Those stop the hood at an open position

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk