What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Scratched it.
View attachment 76004 View attachment 76005
Pulled some Tarzan vines out of trees a few weeks ago. Was rolling and folding them onto the burn pile, one end slipped out and landed right on the hood. Dang it.
Looks like a low speed buffer would clean up most of that pretty quickly. After a little touch up paint and some more buffer time you’d probably be the only person that could find the damage.

Or you could just say screw it, it’s a tractor and leave it as is. That little scuff won’t slow it down any.

I’d like to say it wouldn’t bother me but truthfully I’d buff it out and touch it up.

Reactions: 4 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
At least it isnt a plastic hood, can't buff those out of plastic.

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
And much more expensive. We have a JD X500, my wife ran over a bees nest and then proceeded to run into a tree with it. Shattered the hood, and a replacement is over $1000. I found I can just replace the shell for $350 and put the internals and other pieces from the old hood on, so I did. Much easier to repair a steel hood than a plastic one.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Quick spot repair on broken sump line that had separated. Whoever installed the line in the first place didn't use a pressure coupling (didn't look to be glued either, just primer). Anyway, service tech found a rather large, aggressive frog had taken up residence in the 4" outlet. The frog attacked the line camera. Pretty funny.

Attack Frog.JPG

Small job in tight quarters, so, the B2650 got the nod again. I forget to snap a pic of the machine, but I promise that there was a Kubota on site...

Dig -

Broke 2 water lines (sprinkler and not sure what the second pipe was for). Fixed both in addition to the sump line. Also snagged a cable and fiber line. snagged, but did not cut so we're good to go. And yes, PA 1call had been there, no lines were reported where we were digging.

H4-QUA961-1.JPG

Repair

H4-QUA961-2.JPG

Done - couldn't do much with the mud. Pump just kept running while we worked. We managed to save the brick walkway. Done just after lunch but it was a very chilly morning at 14 deg. Brr.

H4-QUA961-6.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Inaugural try at evaporating sap and cutting a small log with my little girl.
I'm impressed with that 3-point tote. What's the Kubots model number? I want.
And enjoy that syrup! Have you a thermometer for the sap temp as it boils down? Just be careful at the end, it will want to foam over near the end, have to catch it just as that happens. I've boiled our Manitoba Maple (boxelder) sap for many years. It's amazing syrup! I have 5 drip pails that I harvest daily and simply boil down on our electric range every day for a few hours. It usually makes about 1 1/2 cups of syrup, which I seal in a small sterile mason while piping hot jar then store in the fridge.
I still have some from last spring.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Put on a FEL level indicator: 1/2 inch PVC, elbow, couple caps, eye bolt with 2 nuts and big washers, hose screw clamp. Will Goop the hose clamp later to better hold it in place, as it cannot be tight.

On the B2601. Put on left side because of nothing there vs. lines on the right side.

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'm impressed with that 3-point tote. What's the Kubots model number? I want.
And enjoy that syrup! Have you a thermometer for the sap temp as it boils down? Just be careful at the end, it will want to foam over near the end, have to catch it just as that happens. I've boiled our Manitoba Maple (boxelder) sap for many years. It's amazing syrup! I have 5 drip pails that I harvest daily and simply boil down on our electric range every day for a few hours. It usually makes about 1 1/2 cups of syrup, which I seal in a small sterile mason while piping hot jar then store in the fridge.
I still have some from last spring.
I’d think you might like it…has the maple leaf on it even. You should be able to see the sticker below. The label says it will hold 500lbs? The box was a throw in from the dealer on BX I used to have. I built a simple plywood frame that sets in it and then put sand in…i set it up to hold two saws, wedges and tools in one side and log chain and long handles on the other. I think concrete inside would be better, however I use sand so I can grab a handful if needed to throw on Icey drive in the winter…then just add as needed…the hitch though was my weld in creation. It lets me bring trailer into the woods and I can even drag logs off it…works well for the B.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I’d think you might like it…has the maple leaf on it even. You should be able to see the sticker below. The label says it will hold 500lbs? The box was a throw in from the dealer on BX I used to have. I built a simple plywood frame that sets in it and then put sand in…i set it up to hold two saws, wedges and tools in one side and log chain and long handles on the other. I think concrete inside would be better, however I use sand so I can grab a handful if needed to throw on Icey drive in the winter…then just add as needed…the hitch though was my weld in creation. It lets me bring trailer into the woods and I can even drag logs off it…works well for the B.
What model Pup is that I see the back of in the last photo? Looks like it likes to hang out with you!

Bill

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know the more I play with that grapple the more I like it. I think as of this afternoon the brush pile is higher than the last one I burned. And no luggin tuggin or naughty words used to stuff on the pile

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Just finished a pad for new greenhouse. It’s level but need to spread some gravel for the base. It’s a Little to windy to assemble today unless I am looking to sleep on the coach….this much wind pretty sure would not work out with the spousal unit helping hold stuff.

Attachments

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio