What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
With my BX25 and BX2750D snowblower, removed over a foot of snow (plus drifts) last night over 500ft of driveway. -20C and wind gusts up to 80km/h (50MPH for southern neighbors). Cleaned up details (drifts) this afternoon once more...
Ordered a BX2760A plow with hydraulic angle to handle the slush like we had last week (clogged the blower chute a few times trying to blow it - not the way to handle slushy snow). Hope to get it in the next few days.
Very nice setup and I love the solar panels.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK sagor, out with it, how many watts out of the panels, what kind of controller, what kind of batteries, what kind of inverter, hows it all hoked up?
Ya just can't show something like that, with out some of the details... come on man, out with it!!! :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
OK sagor, out with it, how many watts out of the panels, what kind of controller, what kind of batteries, what kind of inverter, hows it all hoked up?
Ya just can't show something like that, with out some of the details... come on man, out with it!!! :D
What he said!!

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Ok, ok...
I have just under 10kW of panels, in two banks, feeding two 5kW inverters (Fronius) sync'ed to the power grid. Panels face SW-SSW at close to a 45 degree angle (very close to my latitude, which is optimal)
I have a 20 year contract with the Hydro people to feed them all my power. No batteries, no backups. It is strictly I'm paid cash every month for what I generate. I make more than double per kWh ($$) selling than I have to spend on my own consumption (I have two separate meters). Of course winter is a bitch, lucky to generate much at all. Even snow on just one panel can cut overall efficiency over 50%. Once March/April rolls around, I can generate up to around 60kWh on a good day. In a given year, I generate a total of close to 11MWh.
Still paying off the capital cost of this, it has a 7-10 year payback.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ok, ok...
I have just under 10kW of panels, in two banks
Thanks for the explanation - I noticed those panels and wondered too.

Jeepers - 14F degrees here today with just a little Lake Effect. Below 0 tonight.

Getting too late in the season for this!:(

Last edited:

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
I added a hydraulic thumb kit to my B26. It was a pretty easy job. Can't wait to get to actually use it.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
Just spent about 5 hours spreading road mix gravel around the barn and on the access road to the barn... Got a real feel for using the float.

The dogs helped....

And the barn cat supervised...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Finally got a chance to take my tractor off of the trailer. Me and my BIL spent the weekend at our property in Miss cutting some dead pines, planting new trees and playing with the tractor. Cleaned up a few roads that had tree's fall over during the recent bad weather that passed through. We only have 1 food plot so far (still waiting on the dozer guy to free up) so we hooked up the Woods discs and played around chopping it. Ran the bush hog down most of the roads and also cut the power line. It was a lot of hard work but also enjoyable.

Few pics of BIL getting some seat time.

Food plot is done

Power line after cutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WOW you can sell everything back to the power company!! :eek:
Dayum thats a sweet deal, though I think there would be enough bled off to charger and a bank of batteries,,, you know just in case. Sounds like a pro set up for sure, I read about that but dont have the nutz or money to sink in to a system :D

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
WOW you can sell everything back to the power company!! :eek:
Dayum thats a sweet deal, though I think there would be enough bled off to charger and a bank of batteries,,, you know just in case. Sounds like a pro set up for sure, I read about that but dont have the nutz or money to sink in to a system :D
Price to sell back to the power people is much better (2x to 2.5x the price than buying) than adding other "stuff", and much better than feeding power to myself. As for "just in case", I have a 7.5kW automatic start generator, integrated to my house, to handle those power outages (propane powered - can run at least 2-3 weeks). It is all automatic start and switch-over. It powers the furnace, pellet stove in garage, water pump, microwave, fridge and freezer. Most important, it also powers the satellite TV system, so I can do something while in the dark....

Of course, the entire solar "business" is insured, including liability in case something goes wrong....(tax deductible of course)

As for cost, with a government backed contract for 20 years, any bank will lend the money to you if there is a 7-10 year payback.

Last edited:

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
tunaslayer,

That picture belongs in a Kubota brochure. Very nice.

Question, what if any ballast is on the back of your tractor?