How do you deal with snow?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I know one thing for certain, we are presently getting freezing rain and I'll be sitting this one out (in the house, off the road, safe and alive).

Maybe go ice skating in the morning. I'm sure the morning commute (which i don't do anymore) will be quite interesting.

Gotta keep those bump shops busy.....:D

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
Used the beast today to clear some heavy and deep snow. MX5800 with chains front and rear, front blade and rear blade turned around backwards and angled is such a great combo on dirt and gravel roads. I have to clear a mile of roads on my property and it makes quick work of it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
First off nice setup, congrats. Just curious if you've been clearing this road over the years or is this your first season? The reason I ask is it looks like you get a fair bit of snow and as the winter progresses I can't see how you're not going to run out of room to push the snow and how you're going to make it through without having a blower if you don't already have one.

I myself have been clearing a driveway that is 1 mile long ( today looking like it's gonna be one of them) for 7 or 8 years now and yes the last few winters especially the last 1 or 2 I probably would have been alright with your setup however we have had winters that there is no way it could have been done without a blower.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
Snowblower and back blade while in the warm cab of the B2650

Clearing Driveway 1-23-19.JPG

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
First off nice setup, congrats. Just curious if you've been clearing this road over the years or is this your first season? The reason I ask is it looks like you get a fair bit of snow and as the winter progresses I can't see how you're not going to run out of room to push the snow and how you're going to make it through without having a blower if you don't already have one.

I myself have been clearing a driveway that is 1 mile long ( today looking like it's gonna be one of them) for 7 or 8 years now and yes the last few winters especially the last 1 or 2 I probably would have been alright with your setup however we have had winters that there is no way it could have been done without a blower.
I assume you're asking me? This is the first season I've had this tractor. Prior to that, we had a guy with nothing more than an F250 and a front snowplow take care of it, and we've had much more snow than you see in these pics. The tractor is a much better set up the way I have it. The front mounted blade on the loaded can lift so high, that I can push tall piles back easily. It is also very heavy and powerful, and can push mind boggling amounts of heavy snow. It's all about having exit push outs, where excess snow is pushed, and then those piles can get higher and higher, and pushed back as need be with the front plow. The rear blade follows along and cleans up, and when I get to an exit push out, I simply raise the rear blade, back over the pile of snow it left, and then push it forward with the front blade. I haven't had to use it yet, but in less than a couple minutes, I can put on my front bucket and actually move piles of snow from one spot to another.

Frostbitten

Equipment
2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
bx2660 with a bx2750D hydro chute rotation front end blower
Mounted to a bx2751 quick hitch

On the back i have a tarter 5' blade with (2) 41lbs suitcase weights.

I cant think of a better combo that a bx with a front end blower

Its amazing what these little bx tractors can do.

thats how i get rid of the snow

How i deal with snow is usually a nice cold amstel light or a Moscow mule beverage

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Used the beast today to clear some heavy and deep snow. MX5800 with chains front and rear, front blade and rear blade turned around backwards and angled is such a great combo on dirt and gravel roads. I have to clear a mile of roads on my property and it makes quick work of it

Nice little blade, mine is bigger but so is my tractor and I didn't have any chains on the tires either....

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I assume you're asking me? This is the first season I've had this tractor. Prior to that, we had a guy with nothing more than an F250 and a front snowplow take care of it, and we've had much more snow than you see in these pics. The tractor is a much better set up the way I have it. The front mounted blade on the loaded can lift so high, that I can push tall piles back easily. It is also very heavy and powerful, and can push mind boggling amounts of heavy snow. It's all about having exit push outs, where excess snow is pushed, and then those piles can get higher and higher, and pushed back as need be with the front plow. The rear blade follows along and cleans up, and when I get to an exit push out, I simply raise the rear blade, back over the pile of snow it left, and then push it forward with the front blade. I haven't had to use it yet, but in less than a couple minutes, I can put on my front bucket and actually move piles of snow from one spot to another.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was just curious but it seems like you've got a pretty good handle on it. Very nice setup, congrats.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
We got a little dump again here because it warmed up for a couple days.

I did use the Kubota, but I also took old faithful out for some exercise.

Attachments

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Nice setup! Being a snow removal video connoisseur, I prefer longer videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks man. Our Internet is frustratingly slow here so we try to keep the vids to a minimum. Thats 34 inches of snow by the way...The 3901 doesnt even slow down at all blowing this stuff. It's like it just plays with it.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
Nice little blade, mine is bigger but so is my tractor and I didn't have any chains on the tires either....
Nice setup you've got there. What size blade? Might just be the angle those pictures of mine were taken from, but the blade is actually pretty big

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Do you ever wish you had the bucket while you have the front blade mounted?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
He can easily change back to the bucket in a matter of minutes. His fel is a quick connect so it's just a matter of lifting 2 levers, dropping the blade, disconnecting the 2 lines going to the blade and putting the bucket back on.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
He can easily change back to the bucket in a matter of minutes. His fel is a quick connect so it's just a matter of lifting 2 levers, dropping the blade, disconnecting the 2 lines going to the blade and putting the bucket back on.
I meant while he’s using the tractor to plow.

Thanks for the entry level commentary btw. I needed the laugh.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
So far, no. Since the front blade sits so far out from the front of the tractor, and can raise so high, it's easy to push piles back or even off the side of a hill. The front bucket would only be necessary if I need to take snow from one place and move it a distance away.

By the way, no need to treat that other fellow like that.