Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
She had a good walk :D 1.3 miles. And tons of good smells and sniffing. She wasn't to sure of the walking bridge the first time across but no issues on the way back. She went flat and wide going across the first time :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Well guys we got some bad news. It's pretty late on the reporting though. Last month we had to put down our Jacky Chan. :( He was 16 and old age got him)

So sorry to hear this Daren ...

16 years... thats a good run.

He had a good home.

Sometimes people don’t understand us dog people....

They are not just pets...

They are family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So sorry to hear this Daren ...

16 years... thats a good run.

He had a good home.

Sometimes people don’t understand us dog people....

They are not just pets...

They are family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes they are :D I was having a little PTSD with Gypsy and her hip dysplasia. My issue was when she busted her butt in the yard and had trouble for a couple days walking. My PTSD was from when our Dachshund broke his back a few years ago and was paralysed in his back end.

Seeing Gypsy having issues with her back legs bout broke my heart. After a weekend on anti-inflammatory meds, she's back to her hi strung and bossy self :D

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Such a incredibly sad heart today!
RIP MIA , You wonderful girl!...
Oh, Man! I feel that! BTDT

Where To Bury A Dog
By Ben Hur Lampman
There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.
For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost—if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.
If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call—come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.
The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I can't begin to tell you how bad I feel for you and DT, really hits close to home. My oldest is not doing the best so back to the vet tomorrow and at 13 years old I know when it starts, well let's just say its never good. Take care my friend, our thoughts are with you.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I don’t have a thing to say to help but you will have your fond memories of all your pets to help ease your grief

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
I had to put one down after 16 years and it was rough. Well my wife had to take him up to the vet.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
North Idaho Wolfman, sorry to hear. I always remind myself, "Our pets are God's gift to us, how we treat them is our gift to God!

When you do all you can do, we have to grieve, but we know we did our best, and you know you did!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
We are so sorry to hear about Mia. We know you love your fur babies like we do, so we know what you are going through.
Love & sympathy to you & Wendy, and the rest of the pack.
Bill, Carolyn, & Bella

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm posting this as a tribute to Mia, this was her life, her family, and her home before we got her, It was very very sad! :(
When Mia came to us she was extremely scared and shy, and with a lot of work and attention she blossomed into such a sweet loving girl!

CAUTION

Do not click on this video link if you don't have a very very strong heart, It's incredibly sad, and very graphic!
Do not let your kids watch it!!!!
I did not make the video, and I only have the connection by getting 4 dogs out of this rescues situation.

I'm not posting this to offend anyone, If i receive complaints I will remove it.
Like I've said it's a tribute to her, please if you view it, do it as such!

CAUTION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZSaiiD9Jvw&t=332s
CAUTION

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sean, so sorry for your loss. :(:(:( I made it about 10 seconds into the video. Someone who does that to an animal needs to suffer the same fate :mad:

We had this little girl show up today. She came across the neighbors yard while Gypsy and I were walking. Gypsy wasn't to happy about her being there though.

Very very sweet disposition and looks well cared for. Has a high end designer collar so I figure someone will be around once they realized she got loose. No tag on the collar though, or I would have called her owner.

This touches on the importance of making sure there's a tag on your pets collar in case they get lost.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry for your loss. :(:(:( I made it about 10 seconds into the video. Someone who does that to an animal needs to suffer the same fate :mad:

We had this little girl show up today.
Thank you very much
Yes very hard video, the first part is what they consider acceptable conditions, :eek: , and you got off of it before it even got bad. :mad:

Another option is she might be microchipped, all of our kids are, shelters and Vet's can read the chips to help contact the owners. ;)

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sean, I thought about the chip. Only issue is the vets office near me was closed by the time I discovered her. Nearest shelter is 18 miles away and also closed. The only vets office near me handles the whole town of Vilonia, so I'll call them tomorrow if the dogs still around. If she's been in for shots, they should have a pretty good idea of whose dog it is based on breed and disposition. She appears to be only around 8 to 10 months old based on her size.

Course I could be making an assumption based on my experience with Gypsy up there. She takes over the place when she's in there for a pedicure or check up. :rolleyes: Little miss social butterfly has to greet everybody. :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, might make it easier for the vets if you sent a picture to them (of the dog!):D

Or have someone Face Book literate post a picture there. Those folks seem to know everything!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, might make it easier for the vets if you sent a picture to them (of the dog!):D

Or have someone Face Book literate post a picture there. Those folks seem to know everything!!!
Neighbors teenage girls posted pictures of the pooch on Facebook. And honestly, I think they will take her in if her parents haven't found her soon. They put food out for her earlier, but she didn't eat it, so I'm figuring she hasn't been missing very long.