ZD28 Cutting Height Adjustment

Atlanta Panther

Equipment
Kubota L3200HST with Loaded R4 Tires, LA524 Loader and Quick Connect 66" bucket
Jun 15, 2013
Madison, Ga
For some reason I cannot get the cutting height control dial to turn one way or another, regardless of whether or not the mower deck is raised or lowered. I want to get it set to 1-1/2" for the Bermuda I have so I can then ensure that the rollers are set correctly to the recommended ground clearance of 3/4".

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Clean the unit underneath and grease it.
happened to my brand new z422 at the dealer while he was “delivering” it.
sales guy called a tech right out and it was turning freely in 5 minutes

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Raise the deck all the way and try it. My zero turn won’t adjust without the deck being in the full up position.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
For some reason I cannot get the cutting height control dial to turn one way or another, regardless of whether or not the mower deck is raised or lowered. I want to get it set to 1-1/2" for the Bermuda I have so I can then ensure that the rollers are set correctly to the recommended ground clearance of 3/4".

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?
The deck must be fully raised to turn the knob. Sounds like yours is stuck, lift the seat up and spray some penetrating oil around the bottom of the cam. The cam has a shoulder that sets in the mount to center it and they will rust if not lubed. There is also a nut on the bottom of the shaft going through the cam, 15mm if I remember correctly. You can put a socket on it and turn the nut like you are tightening it, that should move and break the cam loose. You then should turn and lube it so it does not stick again.

Reactions: 1 user