Your thoughts on this L3240 - 200 hrs

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Wendol, that's a nice tractor and a model that is getting harder to find at a reasonable price because it is a pre-regeneration engine. I noticed that a couple of weeks ago when it first listed. 200 hours is low. The cracked dash could be expensive to get replaced.

I'd call the number listed and talk to them, at least. Ask what the tractor was used for, then ask for that department and talk to the maintenance dept or the person who usually operated it. In situations like this, the city probably bought it and had it for park maintenance and use it very little...then sell it because it's "getting old" and they have the funds for new equipment. Silly as it sounds!!!!

What's it worth? Difficult question to ask someone other than yourself. If you are a bargain hunter, I'd guess anything under say 13K....however if you really need a tractor and want that size, the price can go up 2 or 3 grand.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Wendol, that's a nice tractor and a model that is getting harder to find at a reasonable price because it is a pre-regeneration engine. I noticed that a couple of weeks ago when it first listed. 200 hours is low. The cracked dash could be expensive to get replaced.

I'd call the number listed and talk to them, at least. Ask what the tractor was used for, then ask for that department and talk to the maintenance dept or the person who usually operated it. In situations like this, the city probably bought it and had it for park maintenance and use it very little...then sell it because it's "getting old" and they have the funds for new equipment. Silly as it sounds!!!!

What's it worth? Difficult question to ask someone other than yourself. If you are a bargain hunter, I'd guess anything under say 13K....however if you really need a tractor and want that size, the price can go up 2 or 3 grand.
I contacted them and got limited information. I had asked if the impact to the dash that cracked the glass impacted the operation of the hour meter or other instruments, and they did not respond to that question. Only told me that it had been setting unused for the past 2 years.