Your cell phone is giving up your identity.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Watch 2000 mules. Your cell phone is spying on you.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Ever notice how the ads on the sidebar of YouTube suddenly are related to something you were just talking about recently?

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes and I can go back farther, back in the old days, there were several programs that ran off the fed lines. One was called Predator , and the other was called Carnivore. Both picked up words, phrases and sentence structure. Big Brother has been spying on us for a very long time

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Ever notice how the ads on the sidebar of YouTube suddenly are related to something you were just talking about recently?
Yes!!! There is no question it is listening.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Hell, if you marched in any movement in the 60's, Hoover and the FBI started a file on you.
Would not stop them from drafting you . Hmmmm, a damn hippie subversive is now a private and not a security risk. Seems counter intuitive.
You all have been tracked for decades. As soon as you got a SSN
Only a rumor. I have full faith and confidence in my government... just in case they follow OTT

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Considering the number of people that have the Tik Tok on their phones, location and identity is hardly a concern these days. The sad thing is just because Bad Orange Man brought up the (legitimate and now proven) security issues, the media killed the story, SM killed the story and people continue on.
And it's a definite that your devices spy on your conversations. Just like your router spies on your web traffic.

Reactions: 2 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
It takes only 4 location points from your cellular device to determine your identity with 95% accuracy.

This article was published 9 years ago: https://phys.org/news/2013-03-easy-identity-cell.html

They already have your identity. You're a customer!

Read the article. Better yet, read the paper. What they have shown there is a theoretical "estimation of privacy". I don't have the time to look for the scientific papers rebutting their nonsense, but I'm quite sure they exist.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Nearly every 'ap' you have running on your amrt phones is collecting tons of data ,including GPS data, your pictures, camera control, texts, emails,passwords, account info, web access, etc. and YOU have given them permission to do so.
If you think I'm wrong, watch the Marketplace episode about 3-4 years back, where they show 'how it's done'.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Robot vacuums are also gathering data. If they vacuum up dog kibble you will get dog food ads. Find childrens toys and…….

Reactions: 3 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Robot vacuums are also gathering data. If they vacuum up dog kibble you will get dog food ads. Find childrens toys and…….
Hey the Israelis are using the Roombas to kill venomous snakes...... :ROFLMAO:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Sep 3, 2022
America
The government doesn’t have the time, money or people to listen to or care about what most of us have to say.
They don't need time, they've spent the money and if or when it becomes necessary they'll have the people search the archives for your data!

Edit to add a general question not directed at jyoutz: do you think the technology that is "listening" and putting up content relevant advertising isn't also capturing all?

Sep 3, 2022
America
They already have your identity. You're a customer!

Read the article. Better yet, read the paper. What they have shown there is a theoretical "estimation of privacy". I don't have the time to look for the scientific papers rebutting their nonsense, but I'm quite sure they exist.
I'm not a customer of all that could access my location data, in fact.

Do you have a point besides I don't read and have little capability in searching?