Woods Snowblower

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone else using a Woods 3pt snowblower? If so which one are you running and how do you like it?

I picked up a SB74C with hydraulic shute and deflector cylinders. It looks like it will be nice but I haven't used a rear snowblower before.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I run a woodsmaxx 72 rear snowblower with hydraulic rotary and deflector on my MX5800, very similar to the SB74C you purchased on the same tractor. You are going to like your new toy, oops tool.

The MX5800 has plenty of power and weight to operate the blower in deep heavy snow, it’s amazing how much snow you can move and how far it will throw it. The hydraulic controls are very handy and a great option. I also use my 72” blower on my L3901 which runs it well. I think the MX5800 could easily run a wider blower but wider becomes more difficult to control and needs more focus. Only bad part is the need to wrap up warm and pay attention as you travel backwards.

I’m sure you will get to use it soon!

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Had one on my long gone 5030 HSTC years ago. Good medium sized blower bit not the build quality of the Lucknow I now have on my M9000. The Lucknow is a Canadian built tank.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have thought of a rear snow blower for a long time and the woodmaxx caught my interest. My problem is my driveway is over a thousand feet, gravel, 2 small hills and one steep hill. I have used pick-up trucks with plows and beat them up over the years, now use a plow on my L3560HSTC. I still think about a blower, but at 70, not sure how much longer I want to play this game.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have thought of a rear snow blower for a long time and the woodmaxx caught my interest. My problem is my driveway is over a thousand feet, gravel, 2 small hills and one steep hill. I have used pick-up trucks with plows and beat them up over the years, now use a plow on my L3560HSTC. I still think about a blower, but at 70, not sure how much longer I want to play this game.
I've been down the same road mine is only 600 feet and I just had it paved so even though I have the front power angle snowplow I wanted the snowblower since I don't have the stone to deal with any more.

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I have 700 feet between my driveway and private road and use a 3 point snowblower but it's a pull type (inverted) MK Martin Meteor so I just drive forward through the snow. There's no way my neck could handle driving in reverse that long.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have 700 feet between my driveway and private road and use a 3 point snowblower but it's a pull type (inverted) MK Martin Meteor so I just drive forward through the snow. There's no way my neck could handle driving in reverse that long.
I have no problem going backwards, I'm just concerned with throwing rocks and damaging the snow blower by jamming up stones in the works. Also, at my age, do I 'need' more equipment or just 'want' more equipment??

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I have no problem going backwards, I'm just concerned with throwing rocks and damaging the snow blower by jamming up stones in the works. Also, at my age, do I 'need' more equipment or just 'want' more equipment??
The shear bolts usually take care of the jammed stones but if you made it this far with a plow then it might make sense to just keep going with that. I would use a plow myself if I could but I run out of room to put snow too fast.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
The shear bolts usually take care of the jammed stones but if you made it this far with a plow then it might make sense to just keep going with that. I would use a plow myself if I could but I run out of room to put snow too fast.
Been plowing for nearly 30 yrs., I'll just keep doing what works. Running out of room to store attachments any way.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Finally got it on I had to cut the PTO driveshaft down to work with my tractor but so far it looks like it will work great. I'm glad I have 3 sets of rear remotes I have all three in use with this setup and my hydraulic top link.

image0 (1).jpeg

Reactions: 2 users