Woods finish mower L2501dt

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
Looking at buying used 6ft Woods rd7200 finish mower that is for sale up the road from me. Would be on the back of my L2501dt. Looks like a well build heavy mower that will last a long time. What is everyones thoughts.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
For years Woods has made good mowers. Some better than others. As long as you remember it is a finish mower not a rotary cutter it should be OK. The fact that it is on a gear tractor may be a draw back as with a HST you could slow the ground speed down if you hit a high spot. Will they let you try it on your tractor? A 6 foot finish mower would be an easy resale here but I am in FL.

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
For years Woods has made good mowers. Some better than others. As long as you remember it is a finish mower not a rotary cutter it should be OK. The fact that it is on a gear tractor may be a draw back as with a HST you could slow the ground speed down if you hit a high spot. Will they let you try it on your tractor? A 6 foot finish mower would be an easy resale here but I am in FL.
when i bought the tractor i bought a brush cutter with it so i will not be using it for that. I have used my neighbors 7ft finish mower and it worked great. A bit big but worked. For me my property is all flat. Very little inclines.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I have a woods RM372 finish mower that is 20 years old. I have only had to replace the belt. I just changed for the second time. Keep the spindles greased with good grease and grease the wheels and wheel rods. woods Builds really good equipment, in my opinion. I mow my five acre fiel with the 372 weekly from April thru October so it has some hours on it.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Woods build good equipment, I have 2 Woods heavy duty brush cutters and a large box blade, manuals are available online, spares are easy to get. 6’ is a good fit for your L2501