Woodchipper for Kubota B2320

nh10ring

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Mar 28, 2022
New Hampshire
I inherited my dad's compact Kubota B2320 (23 hp), and I am interested in getting a PTO woodchipper for it. I expect to only use it a few days each year to chip downed branches and brush along my 600' driveway (and maybe a few side jobs). I seriously don't much about attachments, and I would appreciate any suggestions/advice you might have regarding woodchippers for this size tractor. I don't like cheaply made products, not can I afford one made of gold. What might you suggest for a decent home owners chipper for this size tractor?

Reactions: 1 user

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I have a Wallenstein chipper. I think the model is bx36s…for my B2601 tractor. It does not have a hydraulic feed, but does seem to feed itself pretty darn good, pulling the branches in. I’m just a homeowner but have been taking down a fair number of dead trees. Horsepower suggested to be 12 - 30 hp.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have a Woodland Mills and have been impressed with quality. Probably 75 hours on it at this point. Mine is a WC 68. I believe they have a smaller WC 46. Either would probably work on your machine; both are hydraulic feed.

Several here have spoken well of Woodmaxx in the past. Wallenstein has a generally excellent reputation.

Personally, whatever you get I would recommend hydraulic feed. As GSD-Keegan said, some don’t have hydraulic feed and are OK with it.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I inherited my dad's compact Kubota B2320 (23 hp), and I am interested in getting a PTO woodchipper for it. I expect to only use it a few days each year to chip downed branches and brush along my 600' driveway (and maybe a few side jobs). I seriously don't much about attachments, and I would appreciate any suggestions/advice you might have regarding woodchippers for this size tractor. I don't like cheaply made products, not can I afford one made of gold. What might you suggest for a decent home owners chipper for this size tractor?
I had a MacKissic TPH-122 for 16 years. Used it initially on the 18.5 hp (engine) JD 4010. Never once bogged it down. Would chip up to 3.5 inches, which I did at times. The TPH-122 (now 123) also has a shredder, good for small stuff and leaves.

Bought a WM WC46 when I had the JD 2025R. It just loafed along at 450 rpm PTO speed and mid speed setting on the hydraulic feed. Now have it on the B2601. Of course, it just loafs along at about the same PTO rpm.

Chipping hp goes up by the sq rt of diameter. Your 23 hp BX could easily chip up to 5 inch stuff.

Really love the WC46. Has almost horizontal input chute. No lifting. Put the base of a 3.5 to 4 inch tree in there, and it will just pull in through.

Much safer on vines, too. The Mac would often whip them in and they could slap you around on the face. The hydraulic input limits how fast it takes them in.

MINICUP28

Equipment
B7610, KX-018, RTV-500, JD X758
Feb 21, 2019
COBLESKILL, NY
I have a Wallenstein BX-42 (4") that I run @ 996 PTO RPM. The B7610 handles it fine but it is manual feed. That can be a real workout and dangerous. I wear a forestry Helmet and have been whacked in the back of the head too many times.

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I have an LX2610 and I considered purchasing a PTO chipper as well. I ended up purchasing a used DR chipper (18 hp) that was is very good condition. I choose to go to this route in lieu of the PTO type, I'm not restricted to having to use it with the tractor alone, I can tow it behind a car, ATV/ side by side. It's rated up to 5.5 inch diameter, anything larger is fire wood anyway.

Another benefit is that I can roll it into my garage and store it in the corner, often much easier to do than trying to maneuver a tractor around in tight places. When I need it I can just roll it out and attach it to whatever I need to and If I had to, I can attach it to my car and drive to a friend's house to use it.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I have a Woodland Mills and have been impressed with quality. Probably 75 hours on it at this point. Mine is a WC 68. I believe they have a smaller WC 46. Either would probably work on your machine; both are hydraulic feed.

Several here have spoken well of Woodmaxx in the past. Wallenstein has a generally excellent reputation.

Personally, whatever you get I would recommend hydraulic feed. As GSD-Keegan said, some don’t have hydraulic feed and are OK with it.
I am considering purchasing a Woodmaxx. Is the #68 worth the few hundred dollars more than the #46??

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I am considering purchasing a Woodmaxx. Is the #68 worth the few hundred dollars more than the #46??
It was to me but I have a bit more HP. The 46 is rated for 15 to 30 PTO HP and my tractor is more than 30 at the PTO. Anything over 4” is firewood to me so the only advantage I’m aware of with the larger unit is it has a bit larger opening making it a bit easier to feed branches that aren’t cut up quite as much or are oddly shaped. I’m not sure I’d spend the extra $ just for that.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
It was to me but I have a bit more HP. The 46 is rated for 15 to 30 PTO HP and my tractor is more than 30 at the PTO. Anything over 4” is firewood to me so the only advantage I’m aware of with the larger unit is it has a bit larger opening making it a bit easier to feed branches that aren’t cut up quite as much or are oddly shaped. I’m not sure I’d spend the extra $ just for that.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.