Wood stove starting issues

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
So what did you find out about your stove?
Ha! I called my dealer, got a message that said "Thank you for calling Woodie's BBQ. Press 1 to place an order."

I asked a colleague from the small town where dealer was and he said "oh yeah, he closed up the heating/cooling business and opened up a BBQ joint.":D

I looked thru my owner's manual and saw where the sides can be removed to gain better access to the vents. I'm going to pop those off here soon and root around with a shop vac...see if that improves the air flow. Will report back with what success I find.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Ha! I called my dealer, got a message that said "Thank you for calling Woodie's BBQ. Press 1 to place an order."

I asked a colleague from the small town where dealer was and he said "oh yeah, he closed up the heating/cooling business and opened up a BBQ joint.":D

I looked thru my owner's manual and saw where the sides can be removed to gain better access to the vents. I'm going to pop those off here soon and root around with a shop vac...see if that improves the air flow. Will report back with what success I find.
Did you try any of his BBQ then?

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
Well, I had a chance to dig into the stove and do as much cleaning as it would allow and unless it's just my imagination, it does seem to be starting/burning with more ease.

Now to look into that BBQ...

Reactions: 1 user