Won't start

Diesel john

Equipment
M9000
Aug 15, 2014
Haleyville al
Hi I have a m9000 kubota where I work and it's not getting power to the starter . I have checked everything that the local dealer said to check but still nothing . I do not have a manual or wiring diagram to go by so please make responses easy to follow. I can fix 99% of diesel issues but this wiring has givin me a headache

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You don't give much background information, or what you've already checked. I know this sound too simple, but make sure both battery cables are clean at BOTH ends. A good ground is mandatory.

Diesel john

Equipment
M9000
Aug 15, 2014
Haleyville al
I have checked all the relays I could find the diodes and fuses . I have checked all the sensors for the neutral start and pto . I haven't checked the seat sensor yet mainly because the tractor use to start without me in the seat . The tractor worked fine until last week then just wouldn't start after bush hogging a field

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
So many of these 'tractor won't start' threads! :eek:

First things, first, eliminate the common failed components:

Battery and Starter.
Take a jumper cable and hook it up to the positive on the battery and touch the other end against the main starter terminal. If it turns over at speed, both are good. If not, you can test the starter itself from a known good battery like from a car or truck. If it turns over, your battery is shot. If not, your starter is shot.

Now that you know it's not the Battery or Starter...
Now start checking other things like fuses, relays, solenoids, safety switches. Each can be checked with a meter, bypassed, jumped, whatever. Get a schematic for your tractor and hunt them all down, or just follow the lines back to their relative points if you can access them all.

At the end of the day, totally unworking electronic stuff is easy to diagnose, a pain to do it some times, but easy. HARD electrical issues are the darned intermittent ones!

We need a sticky with the "I can't get the tractor to turn over..." common diagnostics path to point at...

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I assume you have a multi-meter. With that, you can also get resistances checked. Some connections may be corded and high resistance. Is the main key switch doing its job for other things, like lights?

Diesel john

Equipment
M9000
Aug 15, 2014
Haleyville al
I have already tried that that's why I'm lost I have checked relays and fuses safety shut offs all that I could find but still no power at the starter the tractor starts if you jump the soliniod but won't start off the switch the switch is sending power everywhere but the starter I can't find any broken wires or any other problems this is why I'm looking for someone else's opinion on the issue I'm lost on what it could be

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
When i got my tractor, it was a no start too, wiring on clutch switch was bad. Replaced bad wire and it was perfect until ground cable went goofy where it bolts to tractor frame. Pulled cable and cleaned it.
Its been 100% since then.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I betting on a bad PTO safety switch, First move the pto lever several time on and off.
If still nothing, you need to pull the cover over the lever and there will be a switch under there, pull the 2 wires, disconnect the switch and by pass it by connecting in the 2 wires together.
With a simple test light find out if there is power on the wires when you turn the switch to the start position?

Please tell me the exact model as there are several and things are different between models.

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Its a 05 m 9000 4x4 that's all I know on the model I can give you more on Monday
I'm not picking on you DJ. We seem to have a flurry of these and they rarely have any diagnostics done descriptions.

I think a sticky with steps would help everyone.