Woke OTT deletes deletion thread?

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
It would seem the censors are here, too. Shame that. Disappearing threads on emissions "treatment"?

What else is getting memory-holed?

Does removing EPA equipment for "on-road" equipment from your "off-road" equipment trigger certain corporations and their paid lackeys?

Shhh. Put your mask on and take your jab.

Reactions: 5 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It would seem the censors are here, too. Shame that. Disappearing threads on emissions "treatment"?

Does removing EPA equipment for "on-road" equipment from your "off-road" equipment trigger certain corporations and their paid lackeys?

It's the world that we live in and it is worsening at light speed.

SDT

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Search YouTube for Tom McDonald "Fake Woke" and listen carefully to the words.

Reactions: 2 users

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
Seems like 1984 by George Orwell contains prophecy that we are living through.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
I think the main issue is that you are discussing breaking the law in a public forum. I can see why that thread may get deleted.
Now some forums will tolerate this but many will not

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It might be worth your while to read the forum owner's "terms of service" and also statements about appropriate content that are posted at the top of the Off Topic section. Since this is an international forum, and the owners are in Canada, their views on legal and appropriate content might differ from yours. It has nothing to do with Woke, whatever that pejorative term might mean to you.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It might be worth your while to read the forum owner's "terms of service" and also statements about appropriate content that are posted at the top of the Off Topic section. Since this is an international forum, and the owners are in Canada, their views on legal and appropriate content might differ from yours. It has nothing to do with Woke, whatever that pejorative term might mean to you.
Maybe it does.

Maybe it does not.

I do not believe that any of us know.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Online Forums are not “freedom of speech” places. Get over it or start your own forum and take the responsibility upon yourself for what you allow.

When we visit an online Forum...we are visiting someone else’s “home”.... the kind of language you use in someone else’s home and what you say there should trigger a sense of common decency and decorum.

Reactions: 8 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

It's Not Censorship, it's keeping things civil around here!
Take a chill pill!
It got deleted because:
1: The OP asked to do it, it is his right as an OP if there is a good reason and there was.
2: It was full of nasty posts, none of us needs to read!

If you want to have a civil and respectful chat about it then go right ahead.

Reactions: 5 users

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Seems like 1984 by George Orwell contains prophecy that we are living through.
Wow - sounds like I need to re-read 1984. I don't recall it being about private property owners governing the use of their property by visitors. I completely missed that the first time.

Reactions: 1 user

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
Wow - sounds like I need to re-read 1984. I don't recall it being about private property owners governing the use of their property by visitors. I completely missed that the first time.
Thought control by the those that control the media.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Why do you consider the use of “woke” to be pejorative?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thank you. That was an interesting read.

So I take it the word has joined a list of words that if used in a conversation with a group of a half dozen people could easily have widely varying annotative and connotative meanings to all the listeners, some of which could elicit strong emotional responses both positive and negative. Thus if I wish to actually communicate to a reader or listener it’s a word to avoid as I have little way to predict the message it will actually convey.

Curious and sometimes disappointing how we mangle language and essentially destroy some words.

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well I 'woke' up this morning to 2 INCHES of rain coming down HARD...
I suppose the PC 'Politically Correct' cops will toss me in the slammer for misusing the word 'woke' now ???

I've never understood WHY someone has to 'repurpose' an old, well established English word into something totally different. Webster's is prety darn thick, shouldn't need to change th emeaning of any word...

oh well, lighter here, time to check out whast 2 INCHES of rain did to my land...