Kubota B2650 Winter Front Grille Cover

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have a friend that lives in North Pole, Alaska. Possibly you know him? He lives right off Richardson Highway. His name is Santa Clause. ;)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Also looking for a winter front or complete set for a LX2610. Shipping to North Pole, Alaska 99705.
Hi Snowman, thanks for your interest. I have some covers for the LX models that are just about ready to go. In fact, I just mailed a set of covers to a person just outside of North Pole, Alaska about a week ago!
It sounds like your winter has started there, too! I'll send you a PM with some details.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Also looking for a winter front or complete set for a LX2610. Shipping to North Pole, Alaska 99705.
Snowman, I started a "conversation" with you. If you select the "Envelope" icon in the upper right corner of your screen....you should find my message.
David

Snow Man

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 12, 2022
North Pole, Alaska
Several of us at work have Kubota's at home that are set up for all kinds of work. So, I maybe able to find a few more folks in the Kubota Kult up here to get a winter front. I know 2 guys with the BX as well

Snow Man

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 12, 2022
North Pole, Alaska
I have a friend that lives in North Pole, Alaska. Possibly you know him? He lives right off Richardson Highway. His name is Santa Clause. ;)

Try teaching your kids Santa Doesn't exist, when he buys milk next to you at the local grocery store! I couldn't convince them if I tried for years!

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Lap #6
Off to the surplus store and found waiting on a roll was a nice soft black almost satiny looking piece of Naugahyde. After figuring out the economies of scale prior to the purchases I bought the black fabric and ordered the other materials needed. This would either allow for some unforeseen mistakes or have some extra pieces/sets for someone in need. The goods quickly arrived and I put together the first set for a trial run. Here’s what I came up with. A 3piece weather front kit sewn to nicely follow the lines and form of the tractor’s hood and grille. Neodymium magnets were sewn inside the hems so the pieces attach and remove without any tools and in less than a minute each. Since the magnets are inside the hems there’s nothing to scratch the paint and they’re extra easy to adjust and shift into place. A gentle tug will lift them free for proper placement or removal. After using the first set for a couple of weeks the pieces have stayed right in place and don’t wander around a bit. Success. Here’s the pics:
View attachment 36022

View attachment 36023

View attachment 36024

View attachment 36025
I wouldnt mind getting a set of these for mine. Wonder wha
t shipping is to Canada Saskatchewan

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I wouldnt mind getting a set of these for mine. Wonder wha
t shipping is to Canada Saskatchewan
Greetings Northern Neighbor!! Thanks for your interest in these covers. This Link will take you to the "For Sale" thread to see the current prices and tractor models I presently have winter front covers for.

For your B2650: The extra shipping charge to my friends in Canada is $20 US.
$220 + $20 shipping surcharge = $240 US shipped to your address.

I try to keep at least one or two sets for the popular models ready to go so they can be shipped out right away with payment.

As this is just a winter time hobby for me.....it's getting harder to find a way to accept funds from outside the US.

I'll send you a message with some options.

David

Michford

Equipment
2018 Kubota B2650HSDC
Aug 24, 2022
Michigan
Got to use my covers from bird dogger on my B2650 today and they work great. I'm in the Traverse City, MI area where we are currently getting hit with a blizzard. Pictures are after a couple of hours snowblowing in -5 degrees F and 25 mph steady wind. Front grille and top of hood free from major build up, and temp gauge on three bars for nice comfy tractor operation. With the strong high winds, I also took the advice of using an additional couple extra spring clamps on the bottom of the side covers. No problems and a quality product. Count me as another very happy customer.
20221223_152323.jpg 20221223_152337.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Got to use my covers from bird dogger on my B2650 today and they work great. I'm in the Traverse City, MI area where we are currently getting hit with a blizzard. Pictures are after a couple of hours snowblowing in -5 degrees F and 25 mph steady wind. Front grille and top of hood free from major build up, and temp gauge on three bars for nice comfy tractor operation. With the strong high winds, I also took the advice of using an additional couple extra spring clamps on the bottom of the side covers. No problems and a quality product. Count me as another very happy customer.
View attachment 92702 View attachment 92703
Michford, I’ve got the same rig as you, including the covers from bird dogger. They are a great addition to keeping the tractor warm. Thank you bird dogger. 😉 I’m curious as to what you have sprayed on the inside surface on the snowblower? Some type of anti stick surface, or just black spray paint, or something else?

Reactions: 1 user

Michford

Equipment
2018 Kubota B2650HSDC
Aug 24, 2022
Michigan
Michford, I’ve got the same rig as you, including the covers from bird dogger. They are a great addition to keeping the tractor warm. Thank you bird dogger. 😉 I’m curious as to what you have sprayed on the inside surface on the snowblower? Some type of anti stick surface, or just black spray paint, or something else?
Working area of snowblower is sprayed with molybdenum disulfide. This was my second use after applying and it worked very well with the extremely cold temp and fluffy snow. My first use was in temps near 32 F and didn't seem to help much with wetter snow. Hope it's effective with temps in the 20's and colder, but yet to be tested. 20220810_194814.jpg

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Working area of snowblower is sprayed with molybdenum disulfide. This was my second use after applying and it worked very well with the extremely cold temp and fluffy snow. My first use was in temps near 32 F and didn't seem to help much with wetter snow. Hope it's effective with temps in the 20's and colder, but yet to be tested. View attachment 92725
Oh Great!!!! Now when the snow melts and refreezes it will be even slipperier. :ROFLMAO:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
View attachment 92702 View attachment 92703
Michford, That's sure a great looking setup you've got there!! Glad you're liking the new covers and thanks for the compliments!! I might have to try your idea on coating the working surfaces of the blower. I have a 3 pt blower and park my tractor in a semi heated shop between uses. (Kept around 45°F usually). At the end of a snow removal session it's a hassle trying to get all the snow off the blower insides before pulling into the shed again. I do keep a heavy duty insulated pair of rubber gloves for that purpose, which helps.

If you have a sloping driveway to clear.....you could lower the rippers on the box blade and use it as an emergency "Sea Anchor" for blowing snow downhill on an icy road! :LOL:

David

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Dave , are you still making the covers for B3350 tractors? Mine is a 2014. Thanks,
Greetings, hdscott! Thanks for your interest! Yes, I still make these covers as a wintertime hobby in retirement. Here's a Link to the current models I have patterns for and their current prices. There's also some links on that page to other threads with pictures and info.

Since your B3350 shares the same hood/grill as the B2650.....your covers will look exactly the same as Michford's in Post #110 above.

It looks like your in Indiana? $220 will get a set shipped to you.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer. you can "start a conversation" with me (place cursor on the "B" avatar in upper left corner of this post and select "start a conversation") ......or there's information on the "for sale" thread to contact me as well.

Thanks again for your interest, hdscott, and I look forward to hearing from you!!
David

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Dave,

Do you have a pattern yet for the BX23S that covers the hood and sides? I know that you make a cover for the fan intake grille inside of the cab, but with the Curtis cab that isn't needed, since they have a full plastic cover that funnels the cooling air to the radiator from the sides. Thanks Dusty

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Dave,

Do you have a pattern yet for the BX23S that covers the hood and sides? I know that you make a cover for the fan intake grille inside of the cab, but with the Curtis cab that isn't needed, since they have a full plastic cover that funnels the cooling air to the radiator from the sides. Thanks Dusty
Hi Dusty,
I don't have a pattern for the front and sides of the BX23S or the BX '80 series. But it doesn't look like it would be complicated to make a paper pattern for me. We'd have to figure out how the handle the opening for the exhaust in the front grill work. (Probably just have the front cover essentially "notched out" for that opening?

I don't know of anyone nearby my location that has the model series. If you'd want to make the paper pattern, I'd be happy to do the rest. The paper pattern would be made to the "Finished" size and shape of the pieces. I'd figure out the rest for the hems, etc.

Let me know if you (or anyone for that matter) would like to do that......then I'd give you some pointers to make the task easy.

David