Winch on an L3800

GaltsGulch

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800, BX2380, and BX23S
Apr 14, 2015
Ranger, Ga
I tried doing a search for this but the search doesn't seem to want to work on my iPad.

I got a Viper 5k winch and I want to install it on the front of my tractor but I don't want to use a quick connect. I was looking at one of those mounts on the Internet but it doesn't look very sturdy. Any one have any pictures of a winch installed on the brush guard of a Kubota? Just trying to get some ides.

Thanks

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I'd be slow about putting one on my brush guard as it folds down for hood access on my L3301. I looked hard at the ballast box area and below it but the loader cross tube interferes when depressed down the the bottom .
I went with a receiver hitch mount on the rear which allows me to use it on other vehicles/trailers with a long set of jumper cables.
I have a Warn 5K and it drags the tractor sideways or up steep slopes with no bending on the receiver tube to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I went with a receiver mount, Warn 4700. Receivers front and back as well as on the pick up. When not being used, it sits indoors out of the elements.
On my tractor, a little BX, a permanent install would not fit due to the FEL and BH. Additionally, there are times whee I have stuffed the receiver mount in to the side of a dirt pile. Had the winch been there it would of been packed with dirt.
I use the winch a half dozen times a year. The inconvenience of it not being right there is out weighed by the abuse it would of suffered the rest of the time.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I'd be slow about putting one on my brush guard as it folds down for hood access on my L3301. I looked hard at the ballast box area and below it but the loader cross tube interferes when depressed down the the bottom .
I went with a receiver hitch mount on the rear which allows me to use it on other vehicles/trailers with a long set of jumper cables.
I have a Warn 5K and it drags the tractor sideways or up steep slopes with no bending on the receiver tube to date.

And then I ran across this just now.
http://coupersproducts.com/kubota-l3200-l3800-front-winch-mount/

GaltsGulch

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800, BX2380, and BX23S
Apr 14, 2015
Ranger, Ga
Lenny, that is the one I have been looking at. But in some of the photos I have seen of it it doesn't seem very heavy duty.

My brush guard doesn't fold down and I was concerned about a receiver on the front interfering with the FEL. It would be nice to be able to move it from front to back as needed. Maybe I can make some kind of quick attach for the front that stays within the brush guard.

GaltsGulch

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800, BX2380, and BX23S
Apr 14, 2015
Ranger, Ga
image.jpg

Here is my tractor. The space between the FEL and the guard isn't much with the bucket down and curled up.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Plenty of add on winch discussions in the Fabrication forum. Might be helpful to search thru there for ideas.