Wide front tyres on B series

excelexpress

Equipment
BX2200
Jun 4, 2023
United Kingdom
Hello, I’m new to forums so apologies if my etiquette’s a bit off. I was wondering if anyone has seen these wide front rims available anywhere, or knows what the officiall name of them is? They seem to feature quite widely on the continent, particularly in Germany but I’ve never seen them in the UK on any B series. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking to upgrade from agri tyres as doing more mowing, also I think they look fabulous. Thanks in advance,
IMG_2156.jpg

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I assume that in the UK that you have availability of similar products as the USA so the wider wheels here are turf tire wheels. I have a link below to see that tire set

There is a newer style tire called the R14 that is a combination of the agricultural R1 and industrial R4 (wider) tires. I believe they are what you might be looking at but those might be R4 tires

this is a link to R4 tires

None look like your picture though.

if you’re looking to replace the wheels and tires then you should look into the WHOLEGOODS price list at your dealer in the sales department

excelexpress

Equipment
BX2200
Jun 4, 2023
United Kingdom
I assume that in the UK that you have availability of similar products as the USA so the wider wheels here are turf tire wheels. I have a link below to see that tire set

There is a newer style tire called the R14 that is a combination of the agricultural R1 and industrial R4 (wider) tires. I believe they are what you might be looking at but those might be R4 tires

this is a link to R4 tires

None look like your picture though.

if you’re looking to replace the wheels and tires then you should look into the WHOLEGOODS price list at your dealer in the sales department
Thanks for your reply 👍

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What would the motivation be for wanting wider front wheels?

Flotation on soft ground?

Just curious, since wider front wheels do not add much in the way of stability, as compared to making the rear wheels wider...

Edit: I guess wider front RIMS would change the tire contact patch, all else being equal...

excelexpress

Equipment
BX2200
Jun 4, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi, yes I’ve got soft ground so I’m hoping less damage to the grass when it’s wet, but still want an agri style tread for other areas of use 👍