Wicked tooth bar

MX6000

Equipment
MX6000 Cab, Wicked Grapple, Box Blade, Forks, Rotary Cutter, Rake, Tiller, etc.
May 15, 2020
Colfax, N.C.
Yes, I love mine...fits perfect! Makes a huge difference when clearing areas with saplings or small tress and digging with the bucket. Well worth the wait!!!

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Love mine, so useful, and it does look wicked. Works great as stated above. Definitely durable.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Looks pretty good, but....

Yeah, I'll try to remember not to run my Piranha over the pavement. :rolleyes:

Folks, if you have to do that kind of dishonest "testing" to make your product look better.... maybe it isn't really better.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I concur with Mark_BX25D above. When you are a follower not an innovator and just try to improve on others manufacture's product, claiming them to be your own, then try to make your product look better by bad mouthing the originators product, IMHO you are a loser. Would I buy an EA product over the original product, simple answer is NO.

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I'm all in favor of making improvements, and I think VALID comparisons are good.

But valid comparisons show how things behave in the real world, under real world conditions. I'm certainly not the most experienced tractor operator out there, but I'm pretty sure that running a tooth bar down some pavement is not a task that most tractor operators do very often.

When I saw that video, I expected to see them using them side by side doing real tasks, like ripping our grass, or clearing brush & saplings, or even just digging.

Nope. I guess that wouldn't have suited their purpose.

I have no idea if their bar is better than the Piranha or not, but from that video, the only thing I can tell is that they are less than honest.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Agree it is a bit crazy video. I think the point they are trying to make is that with wear their design improves, while the other deteriorates.

They are are not doing a real world comparison because actual performance is likely identical.

Not sure calling them them dishonest is accurate.

I like my tooth bar bar better than either. For my uses.

A686B221-D24F-4D05-A025-F2ADE1FD6FA6.jpeg

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Agree it is a bit crazy video. I think the point they are trying to make is that with wear their design improves, while the other deteriorates.

But where in the real world would that wear pattern ever happen?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
But where in the real world would that wear pattern ever happen?
Soil is abrasive, if you live long enough without trading tractors you may see it.

If you drag a rusty plow thru the ground for a couple of hours it polishes right up.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I do agree with the above posts and after owning the piranha tooth bar for probably 4 years now I wouldn't trade it however I'm sure that if I had bought one of the others I probably would have been happy with them also.

Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Soil is abrasive, if you live long enough without trading tractors you may see it.

If you drag a rusty plow thru the ground for a couple of hours it polishes right up.

Soil does not abrade only the lower surface.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Soil does not abrade only the lower surface.
Not sure what you mean. Soil is VERY abrasive. It is why they sell cutting edges.

Take a brand new bucket and go grab a mouthful of nice beach sand and look at the results. Multiply that by a few thousand and you will need to break out the welder.

I have seen literally hundreds of buckets repaired or "built up" again due to wearing out from digging in the dirt. I own a piranha myself so it does not matter to me either way.

I took the video as showing wear resistance. Obviously asphalt is an extreme unless you plow a lot.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Their point isn't just wear resistance. Their claim is that the shape of the teeth is such that the wear will not ruin the cutting edge.

Soil does wear, of course, but it does not wear just the bottom edge.