Why does OTT hate Safari?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
@Mr. K

Sorry to bother you again. Its been getting worse (I started really noticing it a few months ago). I only use my iPhone to get on here. There is constant refreshing while scrolling and reading through. When trying to reply it will refresh and lose half of what you typed, sometimes multiple times. Then when you hit the reply button after you finally get it before it refreshes it won’t do anything.

This is the only site I have issues with. Know there was other Apple users in the other thread, some had same issue some had none.
728B1AC8-9DC6-401A-B9FC-8FFEA5719BDA.jpeg

I don’t know what software version it was when I noticed it starting to happen, it may have been when it went to 14 🤷‍♂️

Can anything be done to make it more Safari friendly?

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
I had the random refresh issue in safari on my phone. Had a couple other sites with the same. I switched to firefox on the phone for the problem children and it works fine there.

@Mr. K

Sorry to bother you again. Its been getting worse (I started really noticing it a few months ago). I only use my iPhone to get on here. There is constant refreshing while scrolling and reading through. When trying to reply it will refresh and lose half of what you typed, sometimes multiple times. Then when you hit the reply button after you finally get it before it refreshes it won’t do anything.

This is the only site I have issues with. Know there was other Apple users in the other thread, some had same issue some had none.
View attachment 67892

I don’t know what software version it was when I noticed it starting to happen, it may have been when it went to 14 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ford -

I occasionally get a delayed post submit/edit response, but assuming that’s my wifi?

I have never had the refresh issue you mention, or lost draft posts.

Maybe it’s happening and I’m not smart enough to know better?!?

Not being a smart Alec … you know I’m an old idiot for technology…..😳

I’m an iPhone 11 with safari and 14.7.1

Took me a little bit to find that friggin’ 14.bla bla bla factoid….🤓🤔🤓🧐

Last edited:
  • Haha

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Ford -

I occasionally get a delayed post submit/edit response, but assuming that’s my wifi.

I have never had the refresh issue you mention, or lost draft posts.

That said, you know I’m an old idiot for technology…..😳

I’m an iPhone 11 with safari and 14.7.1

Took me a little bit to find that friggin’ 14.bla bla bla factoid….🤓🤔🤓🧐
Its constantly, doesn’t matter if its on WiFi or cell (5g). Never used to have this issue, started happening a few months ago, but getting more frequent. IT isn’t my area either 🤣. Its weird that there are some Apple users with no issues and some with issues. For me this is the only site that I have problems.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@Fordtech86 I thought it was just me
This just started happening to me with iOS 15 (iphone 12 pro). If I reply to a post, the input gets wiped out and resets after a line or two (this might actually be a good thing :ROFLMAO: ). The page often goes blank, randomly refreshes or just closes. I was thinking it was prob the plethora of ads causing havok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
14.8 iPhone 8. Same issue as Fordtech. WiFi or cellular data makes no difference.

Only use phone; no iPad, Mac, PC, etc. Unusable on phone with Safari. Use Brave with no problem. Tried Safari again a few days ago and tonight after seeing this thread. Same issue.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
@Mr. K

View attachment 67892

I have the same problem on both my iPhone and iPad.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just install Chrome or Duckduckgo. Be flexible.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Apple doesn't play nicely with anyone because they don't believe in standards.

if you want the website to work apple tells you
1. complain to the vendor
2. update your phone software
3. buy a new phone
4. download a 3rd party spyware app that overcomes the safari shortcommings

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
@Mr. K

View attachment 67892

You could try to upgrade your iOS to 15.0, its out now. I also use Safari on iPad and have never had any issues. It is probably some setting or weird file that has gone bonkers on your phone.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Microsoft Edge runs great on the iPhone as well. You can download and try it if you want. I use both Edge and Safari.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You could try to upgrade your iOS to 15.0, its out now. I also use Safari on iPad and have never had any issues. It is probably some setting or weird file that has gone bonkers on your phone.
Very well could be a setting on the phone. Kinda why I started this thread, since some Safari users have the same issues and others don’t. And like I mentioned before, I just started to notice it a couple months ago. Never had any issues previously. This is also the only site I have the issue on.

I will do the update to 15. I’m simple and don’t really care to use another browser 😂

Reactions: 1 users