Why are you so fast Homestead Implements!?

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
Damn you Homestead... I placed my order for my 72" Pinnacle Grapple and you told me it wouldn't ship until the week of August 28th... and NOW - I get a freight notice for this week! While I suppose I should be really excited - I'm still freaking waiting for my Kubota L2265 3rd function kit to materialize... So all you are doing to me is making me get excited, unload the grapple and then stare at it for who knows how many more weeks!!!
Come on Kubota - get me that damn valve kit!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Sounds like a good problem to have 😁 you could have ordered from EA and had your grapple next year lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
That and otehr reasons are why I went Homestead - I'm pretty excited... just know it's gonna be forever before I get that 3rd function!
I hear you, did you order the Kubota branded 3rd function? Dealer told me mine was backordered for my LX and mysteriously showed up a week later 😂 hopefully yours shows up soon.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Damn you Homestead... I placed my order for my 72" Pinnacle Grapple and you told me it wouldn't ship until the week of August 28th... and NOW - I get a freight notice for this week! While I suppose I should be really excited - I'm still freaking waiting for my Kubota L2265 3rd function kit to materialize... So all you are doing to me is making me get excited, unload the grapple and then stare at it for who knows how many more weeks!!!
Come on Kubota - get me that damn valve kit!
Have you checked online and with other dealers for the 3rd function? There may be one sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
If you've already paid for it, just wait, if not try Summit Hydraulics, I'm satified with my set up and the price was right. As always do as you feel is best.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
If you've already paid for it, just wait, if not try Summit Hydraulics, I'm satified with my set up and the price was right. As always do as you feel is best.
Put a Summit on my l3130 nice setup best price i could find

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
I hear you, did you order the Kubota branded 3rd function? Dealer told me mine was backordered for my LX and mysteriously showed up a week later 😂 hopefully yours shows up soon.
I ordered the Kubota one - yes... back in early June. I like the kubota one because the LXX60 has a contoured top to the joystick that has the power advance button built in and the 3rd function goes in as a rocker on the back... I really like the ergonomics of it more than the Landpride - and a lot of the others don't appear to have the button for the power advance...

Have you checked online and with other dealers for the 3rd function? There may be one sitting on a shelf somewhere.
I have reached out to a couple of dealers online - lots of time googling the part numbers - worst wait time one said March of 2023... others eitehr dont have a date, wont take the order, won't give a date, don't care to respond.

Put a Summit on my l3130 nice setup best price i could find
I think I saw somewhere guys with the LXX60 HSTC models (like me) came up short with Summit in terms of options... I'm calling my dealers parts guy tomorrow when hes back to see if we can get something better than "Kubota acknowledge the parts request". The real shit of this is - the hydraulic kit for the chute deflector on my blower is in... and the valve setup for the rear remote is still on order too... if I had THAT I could run some long ass hoses at least to be able to use the grapple in a slower fashion. If I continue to strike out - I'll hit up Summit, but my first comment above makes me skeptical.

I don't get the extended universal back-order on this kit tho - it's not like there's microprocessors galore in it that are the chip supply chain...

Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
fishpick, if you had ordered a 55" Pinnacle Grapple, I would take yours and you could wait for mine. I was told the first week in Oct.

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
fishpick, if you had ordered a 55" Pinnacle Grapple, I would take yours and you could wait for mine. I was told the first week in Oct.
While I'd have entertained that notion... I'd prefer it if you gave me your 3rd function kit instead 😬

I may have a lead on a kit - someone here DMed me on my WTB post... my dealer has the regional rep involved... and I called an old friend who works in for huge tractor parts distributor who might have an idea where there's one...

Fingers crossed... I probally should have done all this to start - but my dealer didn't think this was gonna be an issue...

Such is the time of the great plague that swept across the land...

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
Look at my Homestead Implements Pinnacle series Grapple! Cam in a couple of weeks early and look like it's in perfect condition following freight delivery. And it sucks - because - I don't have a damn 3rd function kit!!!
I think I will mount it on the loader tonight and go menace trees and shrubs and multi-flora roses... they don't know it won't open... so - just a little terror trip...

Luckily I have never had / experienced ED... but this has gotta be what it feels like for guys... just a limp, unfunctiong unit out there... and it's the worst!

IMG_2435 Large.jpeg
IMG_2436 Large.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
While I'd have entertained that notion... I'd prefer it if you gave me your 3rd function kit instead 😬

I may have a lead on a kit - someone here DMed me on my WTB post... my dealer has the regional rep involved... and I called an old friend who works in for huge tractor parts distributor who might have an idea where there's one...

Fingers crossed... I probally should have done all this to start - but my dealer didn't think this was gonna be an issue...

Such is the time of the great plague that swept across the land...
I haven't ordered my 3rd function kit yet, I guess I thought I had time to order it.