Why are Kioti tractors so much cheaper ... and only six weeks out?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I had a local Kioti dealer put together a quote for an RX7320PCC with a cab today, and fully loaded it was $48,981 which includes a 3rd function valve kit and two additional remotes at $406 and $463 each. A similar M7060 fully loaded and with a cab and without any rear remotes or 3rd function valve kit is $59,500!! So add another $4,500 for the three remotes and 3rd function valve kit. The cab of the M7060 is arguably less appealing than the Kioti so what gives? The Kioti is built in the US whereas the Kubota is built in Japan so is it down to tariffs? Oh yeah, I can get the Kioti within six weeks!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There are a few other reasons. There is not as much demand for Kioti. That’s ok for initial purchase, but you lose on resale value because again, it’s not as popular.

Btw, the parent company for Kioti is South Korea. How many of the parts are actally made in the US is hard to say just like Kubota.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Kioti is South Korean.... its actually Daedong motors. final assembly here in the US.

its like every other tractor, inspect it & test it out before you take it home. Mine is an awesome tractor with incredible lifting cap's for the size of it.

but of course id still rather have a Kubo in this exact same size/weight/power/lifting/price set up..... oh wait they dont make it in the same price bracket.

if they did? id buy it.

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
Is it the Dealers or the OEM? I've seen some Kubotas priced out pretty well at Northern Indiana dealers and I've seen some that were borderline ridiculous. Like, why even bother advertising such a silly price. All it does is make people NOT want to even to talk to you.

Reactions: 1 users

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I have never owned one or even driven one but I do know this from 2 friends who own or owned them.

Friend one, was at my house and checking out my L4600. Has had his Kioti for a while and says I bought it because it was cheaper and it looked nice. Fast forward now he says it was a mistake, wished he would have spent the extra money and got a Kubota.

Friend two, bought a Kioti last year kept it for 6 months did not like it sold it, lost money. Had to include bush hog, box blade and tooth bar to get back cost of tractor. Just couple weeks ago bought a L3301 and is loving it.

I'm sure Kioti makes sense for some, Deere for others, Kubota for another group just for me Kubota in our family has stood the test of time. My uncle has a L3400 and it looks bad, beat to death just not taken well care of but still going strong after 21 years.

So his son knowing the history of the tractor and how reliable it has been bought him a MX5200 last year and loves it.

Best of luck to which ever color tractor someone buys for me Kubota is my choice.

Good day!

Jay

Reactions: 1 user

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
Friend one, was at my house and checking out my L4600. Has had his Kioti for a while and says I bought it because it was cheaper and it looked nice. Fast forward now he says it was a mistake,

Why??

Friend two, bought a Kioti last year kept it for 6 months did not like it

Why??

<snip>
Thank you for your time

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My experience with Kubota has been extremely positive having owned a BX25D for five years, an MX for five months and a GL7000 generator for three months. There is no question in my mind that Kubota builds an outstanding product that exudes quality and it would be with plenty of trepidation if I were to order a Kioti. I bought the BX25 on complete faith back in 2016, and as Neil of Messicks said, it's the gateway drug into all things Kubota.

I'm able to put together a basic cost sheet using Kubota's website whereas I had to contact a dealer for the Kioti. Maybe I'm just too dumb to figure out how to do it on Kioti's website but that says something to me. I'm not going to order an RX but I was surprised at how "available" they are and at the significant price difference. If I had the money I'd take a chance and buy one if for no other reason than to be able to form my own opinion based on that one sample. I'd buy an M7060 too for a direct comparison.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Yeah, real helpful post.

I had a friend who had a Ford. He looked at my Chevy and says he wished he bought a Chevy instead. He sold his Ford, lost some money on the deal, and now he too has a Chevy.

I had another friend. He bought a Toyota and didn't like it after 6 months. Now he bought a Chevy and he says he likes it better.

Conclusion: This is clear proof that Chevy is better than Ford and Toyota.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yeah, real helpful post.

I had a friend who had a Ford. He looked at my Chevy and says he wished he bought a Chevy instead. He sold his Ford, lost some money on the deal, and now he too has a Chevy.

I had another friend. He bought a Toyota and didn't like it after 6 months. Now he bought a Chevy and he says he likes it better.

Conclusion: This is clear proof that Chevy is better than Ford and Toyota.
I was watching a YouTube video last night of a Canadian guy reviewing his Kioti DK40SE. He has about 1,000 hours on the tractor and is very pleased with it and would buy it again. It's just one review but it's actual data ... unless he's sponsored by Kioti. 😂

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
In my case Kioti was not cheaper than Kubota, I don't think you can say that Kioti is always cheaper, but if it was you still need to look at the dealer network, In my area there just are not alot of solid Kioti dealers. I have about 7 Kubota dealers close by. The Kubota dealers have tractors in stock and Kioti told me they have no firm date to get tractor in. So each case is different.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think the video is about as useful as the post that said two people didn’t like their Kiotis. One exception though, the youtube guy bought his used, so probably let the construction people take the loss.

It’s also a 2012 and maybe/maybe not makes a difference. When was the lawsuit settled by Kubota/Kioti that keeps Kioti from copying Kubota designs? Just did a quick search so the initial lawsuits were way before 2012.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Parts availability? Dealer support? My local Kioti dealer also sells TYM, LS, and used cars. No thanks. Make sure you have a dealer that has been selling Kioti exclusively for over a decade. My Kubota dealer has been in business for 30 years. Thanks, Ill stick with what I know will work. You are welcome to take a chance..but what I can assure you is the resale on the Kubota will be much closer to purchase price than the Kioti.

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
........................snip............................. How many of the parts are actally made in the US is hard to say just like Kubota.

I agree, probably all small size tractors have some final assembly in the USA, which may mean they put on fenders, wheels, US made battery & perhaps US made loader etc.

Whatever makes sense financially to keep shipping, duty (if applicable?) etc. low as possible and competitive.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I've always liked Kioti's. Neighbor has one but he is usually eyeing up my kubota. I looked at them years ago but chose Kubota then as well. No more local dealership near me.

The "turn-off" for me was their backhoe mount. It's crude, noisy, bulky to store...pretty much sucks.

I do like their loader control knob. Installed one on my machine about a month ago. Hey, it's orange ;)

Kioti knob 1.JPG

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
All I know is my 1977, B7100 has been one rock solid tractor. Just like any vehicle out there, it is easy to get 100K on the ticker, but when you start getting above that, that is where the quality of a well built vehicle starts to shine.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Which one feels better to you? Go drive each one around and see what ‘feels better’.
I sat in the Kioti 7320 before I bought my M7060. I actually never got to try the 7060 before I bought it (sat in an older 7040).
I found the ‘fit and finish’ just was not quite as nice as the kubota IMO. It felt cheaper.
I also tried a JD 5075E (too big feeling) a Case (quite liked it) Branson (best view but kinda cheap plastic) and a Landini (almost my fav overall and best $ deal cept for the long distance trucking).
Does the interior plastic matter while bucketing shit around the yard? Probably not.
Each machine would have done the work I need, and likely would have been happy with any of them.
But I do like my M7060.
I bought a Tacoma a few years ago, paid more for it than a better equipped full size V8 Chevy…….maybe I’m not so smrt. But I do like the little truck, too.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Which one feels better to you? Go drive each one around and see what ‘feels better’.
I sat in the Kioti 7320 before I bought my M7060. I actually never got to try the 7060 before I bought it (sat in an older 7040).
I found the ‘fit and finish’ just was not quite as nice as the kubota IMO. It felt cheaper.
I also tried a JD 5075E (too big feeling) a Case (quite liked it) Branson (best view but kinda cheap plastic) and a Landini (almost my fav overall and best $ deal cept for the long distance trucking).
Does the interior plastic matter while bucketing shit around the yard? Probably not.
Each machine would have done the work I need, and likely would have been happy with any of them.
But I do like my M7060.
I bought a Tacoma a few years ago, paid more for it than a better equipped full size V8 Chevy…….maybe I’m not so smrt. But I do like the little truck, too.
Perfect. You sound very objective and tried out different manufacture's tractors (and trucks!) and chose the one you liked and best fit your needs. Kudos.

I get that this is a Kubota-forum (even though the Kioti's are orange too!), but I think it would behoove people to widen their shopping aperture a little - they may be surprised!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I get that this is a Kubota-forum (even though the Kioti's are orange too!), but I think it would behoove people to widen their shopping aperture a little - they may be surprised!
I think many of us started with a wide search … we just eliminated other brands faster than you. Not saying you are wrong for “you”.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
As I posted in the other thread, my BIL bought a 40HP model (I don't know the specific model) that has been in the shop 3 times now for over 6 weeks of downtime. That is an easy 12K lost jobbing. At the time he purchased last Nov. the Kubota was 6K more for what he considered the "same" models. Today he wishes he went with the Kubota but doesn't want to take a bath upgrading. - not that stuff doesn't break, but when it does how long does it take to get the part?