Who's the likely buyer of a detached BX25 backhoe

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Was perusing the local craigslist and stumbled on this ad for a bare BX25 backhoe attachement (no tractor).

Can you actually buy a BX25 w/o the backhoe from the dealer? Otherwise, it seems like a tough sell as anyone with the tractor that has the compatible sub-frame already has the hoe.

No affiliation to the ad, just idly curious...

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Unless he has the sub frame that attaches to the backhoe slim chance most people would buy it, Unless they don't know they need that.. would be surprised if a dealer had that stuff still..

just a thought

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
From what I gather on here and my time kicking around a Bx23s.

The bx25/23s (and the older bx tlb) backhoe “subframe” it’s actually integrated into the rear housing of the tractor which is why you can’t add a factory backhoe to the other BX models. Unlike the other Kubota models that you can add a backhoe after the initial purchase.

I didn’t check out the ad to see if it smells funny. It’s likely a tough sale if its legit, but my experience in my field of work is somebody out there is thinking I can make that fit on my tractor/lawn mower/utv/atv/wifes car...etc

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Unless he has the sub frame that attaches to the backhoe slim chance most people would buy it, Unless they don't know they need that.. would be surprised if a dealer had that stuff still..

just a thought

Bullseye Joe !!!! No subframe - no hoe - and no go

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I was talking to a guy about an industrial metal bandsaw. Took me to a warehouse stacked to the rafters with old tools and used "junk" to show me his saw. He had six identical saws in this one warehouse. I asked him why he had six identical old saws in various states of repairs.

"I got a good deal on them" he said.

He didn't want to part with any of them as it was too good a deal to sell any one of them.