Who keeps taking my F@@king left glove?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My solution is wear out both gloves, but my right glove usually wears out first. Also, buy the same type/size all of the time.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have the same thing going on but its the left gloves that pile up. Are you left handed? I am right handed so it is that glove that wears first and gets tossed. Why I keep the left gloves without a right, that's just marrmanu!
Damn, I was hoping that this was the cause......I also thought it was a right Vs. left handed thing, but I am right handed.

Same reason I buy black socks.
Hahahahah. ........Me too, no decision making when getting dressed.

Hahaah....me too. makes life easier.......
I have the same problem:

View attachment 104042
It seems that all that I have left is right gloves.
That looks like my glove drawer.....

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
My guess is, you are doing the same task on a regular basic and putting down your left glove in the same place most times. Then it falls in a hole, down a crack, a squirrel/ coon takes it, etc.

Nope....It happens to all my gloves.....I have a whole stack of right hand welding gloves, as well as winter gloves.....

Must be something in my brain.....or lack of brains......

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Sooo….Take half of your Right-gloves…and turn them inside-out. 😜

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I laughed at this thinking you’re a foolish sh!t….

This morning couldn’t find my left glove….I’m left handed… :oops:

Did find it on other side of garage, but geez…😉

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You guys having trouble accounting for a glove, I have trouble keeping track of my socks. One is always missing, but I'm not sure which one it is.
Purchase the same style/ brand socks each time. One gets a hole, toss it out and set the other to the side. Next time one wears out or vanishes, match with the extra sock.

My sock situation has gotten so much simpler since doing this 👍👍👍👍👍

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I seldom lose a single glove, but I wear out the right one 2-3 times faster than the left, so I usually have a surplus of lefts.
When I lose gloves, it's usually both. The most common scenario is taking them off to take a whiz or answer the phone out in the forest, then realizing they are gone later. Then I walk around trying to remember where I laid them down. I usually find them draped over a branch.

Reactions: 1 user

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I tig weld daily and only wear a left thin split leather tillman glove.
So.
I had about 40 right hand new unworn gloves in a stack. I had a customer in who son is in the welding program at the local school.
I bagged them up and said here give theses to your son to give to the instructor. He'll think I'm nuts for sending in one hand gloves. But maybe they can use them for something.