White exhaust smoke

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Your old oil burner just belches black smoke and fumes continuously.
I recognize that you’re also being humorous ( as my post was also intended)….but seriously… my ‘96 model actually never makes even a smidgeon of smoke. If it gets really cold (which is just down to freezing here in Central Tx)… at the initial start-up … one very small “puff” of black smoke out the exhaust at start…but it immediately is clear again.

Frankly, even after 4 years of ownership (I bought it at 400 hrs from the previous owner)…I’m surprised at how well-behaved this tractor is.

Reactions: 1 user

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
I can’t help but take interest at the situation…where you guys with modern controlled-emissions tractors that “smoke” all kinds of colors…. and my 1996 straight diesel only starts right-up and reliably goes to work with none of that modern smoky stuff blowin’ out the exhaust.
I wonder if I’m missin’ out of sumpin‘…. (Sorry…couldn’t resist…). :ROFLMAO:
Your old oil burner just belches black smoke and fumes continuously.
Yeah, even when its turned off!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
(I know,, I'm just jealous)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I recognize that you’re also being humorous ( as my post was also intended)….but seriously… my ‘96 model actually never makes even a smidgeon of smoke. If it gets really cold (which is just down to freezing here in Central Tx)… at the initial start-up … one very small “puff” of black smoke out the exhaust at start…but it immediately is clear again.

Frankly, even after 4 years of ownership (I bought it at 400 hrs from the previous owner)…I’m surprised at how well-behaved this tractor is.
My 20 year old JD with no emissions gives me a headache after operating for a couple of hours. My new Kubota with emissions doesn’t cause that problem.