85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You can always use a homemade solution :

get cha some white vinegar, gallon will be fine - mix with distilled water in the radiator 50/50 - run tractor hot and allow to set a while, drain - repeat if you wish.....

fill with distilled water - run hot again - empty, fill BACK with 50/50 antifreeze.

Vinegar is an mild acid and will break down some of the gunk - flush it well and you will have a clean radiator inside! ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Do you add any water pump lube/rust preventer to your radiator after a flush?

You could - but once you have flushed and added the "new" 50/50 mix - it will have all the qualities of rust and lubricity. The flush should only take about an hour to do a good job - then a cool down to switch out.

You will be surprised the color of the first flush!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Something I need to do this fall......

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I flushed (acid washed) the radiator on my Kubota last year. Here are some take-aways:

*) I used a commercially available flush from WallyMart and followed the instructions by using the machine for some time while the acid was in the system.
*) The first THREE 'rinses' were rusty-coulred
(A 'rinse' is: Fill with clean water, run for several minutes and drain)
*) My last several rinses were done using DISTILLED WATER so there was no chance of tap-water being in the system.
*) I kept up the rinse/drain cycles until they came out clear.
*) Each time I drained, I used leaf-blower into radiator-cap while the drains were removed. This extracted a SURPRISING amount of additional water.

REMINDER: If you do not use 'premixed' antifreeze.... ONLY mix with distilled water to achieve the 50/50 mix.

NOTE: If you have not opened the drains for several years, beware that they may be stuck or not even drain when opened. Be CAREFUL to not break off the drains while trying to get them open. If they do not drain, try spinning a drill-bit BY HAND into it to clear the clog.

Reactions: 1 user