Which Kubota??

frjeff

Jul 11, 2010
Oscoda,MI
Moving to Michigan and soon to need ability to:

mow one+ acre
snow blow two paved driveways
till large garden

Being new to the "need/want a tractor disease", which model Kubota will do for me??

Thanks,

Last edited:

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Not sure how new you're wanting, but if you want something recent I'd recommend one of the BX's. My BX1850 does pretty much what I need a compact tractor for. You might want a 2360 or 2660 if you want a bit more power, but I haven't had power issues with mine - it breaks traction before it would stall. Its size is also a bonus - being small minimizes garden soil compaction and it is easy to manoeuver.

The mid mower works very well for us, snowblowers are available for them, the Land Pride tiller (Kubota's partner in 3-pt stuff, it seems) has been very good for us, and the tractors accept a loader well.

If you're looking for a bit older, maybe one of the other orange fanatics can give suggestions for particularly good older models.

Let us know what you eventually choose!

Orange in WI

Equipment
L3130 with loader-BX2360 with Loader,front mount snowblower,60MMM
Jun 16, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI USA
Sounds like a good place for any of the BX line. Mine mows three and one half acres. Front mount snowblower for 500ft of driveway. Don't have a tiller yet but always looking. Have fun shopping.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup I must concure, the BX sub compact is the cats azz I have a BX2360 and that little piggy will do anything I ask, 60 inch plow and those 3 foot snow drifts just went away, a 54 inch rear blade moves everything I need to and a 60 MMM cuts my SW Pa hills with out a hitch,,Enjoy the search, enjoy the ride, enjoy the Orange

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have an older B6100E and it will handle everything you want, I want and then some. If your tight on money look at a used one. They still run like a champ such as a new one would but for alot less money. Check out Tractor House and browse threw some used tractors.

www.tractorhouse.com