Which hose is hardest to hookup on your loader?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I finally took my loader off my L2501HST for the first time to see if it helped give me more power while grader/scraping. It was really pretty easy. I did find that all hoses except for the orange one were very easy to connect. So, is Orange the one that is problematic for your loader? I’m assuming the color scheme is the same for each loader, but maybe not. Note: I do not have a 3rd function of any type.

For those interested, there was a plus and a minus. The plus was I didn’t have the loader bouncing and didn’t have to lift it to make tight turns. The minus was I didn’t have anywhere to mount my magnetic mirrors. Technically, I could have put the on the hood or upgrights. I didn’t notice a significant difference going uphill and still had to back off the treadle pedal while in M.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I finally took my loader off my L2501HST for the first time to see if it helped give me more power while grader/scraping.

. I didn’t notice a significant difference going uphill and still had to back off the treadle pedal while in M.
I am utterly flabbergasted :rolleyes:

Dan

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I R/I the loader on mine a few times each year. Colors are blue, white, yellow, black. Never had much trouble reconnecting. Most difficult is whichever one is most crowded and therefore most difficult to get a good grip on.

And yeah, I don’t expect you’d see any difference in drawbar capacity from removing the loader. Reduction in length and overall weight, change in front/rear balance; yes.

I take mine off for mowing in tight areas. I prefer the balance of the machine with the loader on. If it didn’t have a loader, I would have weights on the front.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
The hardest one to hook up depends on how long the loader has sat in the hot sun 🌞

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I finally took my loader off my L2501HST for the first time to see if it helped give me more power while grader/scraping. It was really pretty easy. I did find that all hoses except for the orange one were very easy to connect. So, is Orange the one that is problematic for your loader? I’m assuming the color scheme is the same for each loader, but maybe not. Note: I do not have a 3rd function of any type.

For those interested, there was a plus and a minus. The plus was I didn’t have the loader bouncing and didn’t have to lift it to make tight turns. The minus was I didn’t have anywhere to mount my magnetic mirrors. Technically, I could have put the on the hood or upgrights. I didn’t notice a significant difference going uphill and still had to back off the treadle pedal while in M.
Do you relieve pressure in all circuits after shutting engine off but before disconnecting hoses?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Do you relieve pressure in all circuits after shutting engine off but before disconnecting hoses?
I did both before disconnecting and reconnecting. I was able to reconnect the Orange without doing anything else, but it was just noticeably harder to connect.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What about?
Removing the weight of the FEL makes a very noticeable difference on my B3350, L6060 and even M9960.

Hard to believe that you notice no difference climbing hills without the FEL.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Removing the weight of the FEL makes a very noticeable difference on my B3350, L6060 and even M9960.

Maybe because I was dragging a 72” grader scraper full of gravel. Just because the way the gravel is distributed on our road, the grader/scraper is almost always full going up the steepest sections. The grader scraper is about 800 lbs empty and with loaded rear tires even without the loader the combination is heavy.

Fwiw, I was surprised as well. I was hoping for a big boost going up the hills.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

I am surprised to hear that. ONLY because I never need to remove the loader from my B2910. So I don't know if I would experience a difference or not.

BUT I never notice any trouble climbing hills. Of course I might if I used high range, which I never do on hills. My standard range is mid range basically all the time.

Again, just surprised and not disputing your experience. Is it in high range where you notice the difference? Only curious at my end...

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
BUT I never notice any trouble climbing hills. Of course I might if I used high range, which I never do on hills. My standard range is mid range basically all the time.
No issues with the tractor or even with the grader/scraper if it isn’t full of gravel. Dragging a full grader/scraper full of gravel is where the issue is.

Note: I’m usually between 4000-4500 ft elevation wise.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
No issues with the tractor or even with the grader/scraper if it isn’t full of gravel. Dragging a full grader/scraper full of gravel is where the issue is.

Note: I’m usually between 4000-4500 ft elevation wise.
I was asking STD about his experience...BUT...

In a recent thread about adding a turbo charger to a tractor, I think it was mentioned that at 4000 feet of elevation tractors lose significant power, and at that elevation or higher a turbo charger is advantageous.

Just wondering if the elevation you are operating at could be your actual issue...No clue here, just wondering...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am surprised to hear that. ONLY because I never need to remove the loader from my B2910. So I don't know if I would experience a difference or not.

Again, just surprised and not disputing your experience. Is it in high range where you notice the difference? Only curious at my end...
Of course.

It takes HP to move weight uphill.

Of course, one would notice little or no difference in hill climbing ability if the engine is not working hard.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The elevation plus the incline makes a difference. It's ok though. I don't do the road that often, so not a big deal to go slower uphill since I can go full speed downhill. In effect, I'm at least 3/4 of the speed that I'd travel if I only go half as fast uphill.