Where is full in HST dipstick?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would say the whole "hole" is your answer!

IF you were replacing the oil - the rated capacity would at least tell story..... and hopefully it would be near and above the hole!

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
in the first picture there is a glare from lighting. Right directly in the middle of that glare is where the "full" mark normally is. On a lot of them that mark was nothing but a very light stamping and basically it just bent the stick a little. Look for that. All you gotta get it close, within 1/8" of that is fine. On a cold tractor that hasn't been run in a while, or when changing the fluid, leave it about 1/2" lower than the mark or bend. It'll be fine.

DLStryker

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas, TX
in the first picture there is a glare from lighting. Right directly in the middle of that glare is where the "full" mark normally is. On a lot of them that mark was nothing but a very light stamping and basically it just bent the stick a little. Look for that. All you gotta get it close, within 1/8" of that is fine. On a cold tractor that hasn't been run in a while, or when changing the fluid, leave it about 1/2" lower than the mark or bend. It'll be fine.
That's what I assumed, but thought that sure is a small margin of measurement in the stick. From off the stick to full is about a quarter inch.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I took a black sharpie and marked full on my dip sticks on most all my stuff. I would mark the low mark as well if it had one.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I took a black sharpie and marked full on my dip sticks on most all my stuff. I would mark the low mark as well if it had one.
I was hoping the hole was the low mark ...... but I like the idea of the sharpie too - you think the oil would remove the ink over time?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I was hoping the hole was the low mark ...... but I like the idea of the sharpie too - you think the oil would remove the ink over time?
If it were me, I would use a file to score a line on the dip stick, and forget the sharpie idea. Would only take several seconds to make a mark that would last forever.

No doubt though, that the sharpie would be excellent to mark where the file should be used... :)

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
It has not removed the ink as of yet, some been on for years, should it I'll remark them.

I also have cut a small groove in the dipstick at the high mark.

Edit: Just saw using the file by Henro yep that works as well he beat me to it.