When waiting how often do/did you call your salesman?

G-grandpa

May 15, 2021
Western Ma
I was told 4 to 5 weeks or a 2610, 4 weeks starts Monday, I know they are there to help you just don’t want to be a nag. I have not emailed or called since the order day. I think I have not called because I want to get that email that gives me a delivery date to be a surprise of sorts.

What have others done? Couldn’t imagine waiting for months and months with no contact.

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
I was told 5 weeks for mine so I called right at 5 weeks. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to call at 4 weeks just to check in though. My tractor is at dealer but loader is delayed... I’ve heard some loaders hard to come by right now.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I was just waiting on implements. I checked once since the salesman seemed confident the one item was coming in on a particular week. It didn’t. After hearing more about the common delays throughout the industry, I waited for his call for each item. The quick hitch and the grader scraper were both late according to the projected schedule.

In your case, you’ll have a bit of time for assembly as well. It might be worth making sure they don’t forget you, so they don’t put someone else ahead of you. Hard to say if they dealer would change the order of assembly/prep or not. After reading some of the assembly issues people had, it might not be a good thing to have them “hurry”.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
My wait wasn’t long for my new L2501, a couple weeks.
The tractor was already assembled when I purchased it but, we were waiting for accessories. I called a couple times but, only checking on status of parts and delivery schedule

Mike

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
You’re spending a lot of money. You have every right to call to get an update.
My dealer is close to me. I would stop in and say “I was just driving by and I wanted to see how everything is coming along. Lol

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I had about a 6 or 7 week wait for everything. I checked in at the 5 week mark and told maybe another ~3 weeks, but it was only about 1.5......sales tactic to make me more happy when it arrived early? ;-)

Sales guy liked using email and text so that how we did 90% of our communication. We had one phone call and one face to face when I bought it, then of course paperwork on delivery day.

Fairly smooth, all things considered.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I never called. I hoped maybe they had forgotten. Displaying anxiousness in the tough guy hillbilly world I have created for myself is a sign of weakness and vulnerability . WWCD or What Would Clint Eastwood Do? Asking myself this preserves my dignity. You don't like it? Go ahead make my day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think it's about tone not frequency. If you call them and then blame them for things they can't control, that's not gonna be good. If you call them a few times to get updates, that's not unreasonable. I generally called my guy around the time he said things would happen to check how it was going. It usually was later than he'd said. He offered me a loan machine, but I said it wasn't that big a deal - I already had a machine, the new one was replacing it, so it wasn't like I didn't have a tractor while I waited.

Reactions: 1 users

G-grandpa

May 15, 2021
Western Ma
I think it's about tone not frequency. If you call them and then blame them for things they can't control, that's not gonna be good. If you call them a few times to get updates, that's not unreasonable. I generally called my guy around the time he said things would happen to check how it was going. It usually was later than he'd said. He offered me a loan machine, but I said it wasn't that big a deal - I already had a machine, the new one was replacing it, so it wasn't like I didn't have a tractor while I waited.
That sounds like a very reasonable approach

Dutch64

Equipment
L2501
May 30, 2021
NC
I managed to for once be in the right place at the right time and called dibs on the last L2501 HST for nearly 400 miles. Waiting is something I do best in a deer stand. I texted more than called and when I showed up 7 days later to take delivery I saw the stack of phone messages on my salesman's desk. Priority for call backs will always go to emails and texts, texts being the better of the two. Salesman always have that phone and they can read your text when away from their desk. Not my rules guys, just the trend. Yes, claiming the tractor with a 4 in 1 bucket, 3rd function, and a Hardee 1060 did come at a premium. The pay to play rule is definitely in effect these days.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
My tractor was already on the lot when I was looking at a b. Then I saw mine, took 3 weeks for my snowplow blade to come in. When I called once to check the status, he said they were installing the 3rd function as we spoke. He delivered that next weekend. I was such a happy boy that day.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I waited a couple of months for my LX2610SU. They had the tractor and implements I wanted on hand, but the sub-frame for the backhoe was back ordered. I always use email instead of phone calls for anything related to my money because I want a written record of what was promised so there is no misunderstanding if things don't happen as expected. My salesman contacted me when he found out that the sub-frame was back ordered and he gave me an estimated delivery week. He delivered that week. There was no need for me to contact him while I was waiting.

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
I went to my dealer for the first time in a couple months this weekend. When I pulled in there were 25 different tractors out on display in front. Not one had a front end loader on them. The first time I've ever seen then displayed without a loader attached.