Wheel weights

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Morning all, I have acquired a set of front wheel weights for my B7100. My questions are this, what is the actual spec weight for each and being as they're currently rust colored what is the real color suppose to be? Natural iron which turns to rust or orange or ROPS blue/grey?

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Most of the wheel weights I have seen were orange to match the rims and most of the suitcase weights I have seen were grey/blue to match the frame, Now that does not mean anything really it is just my observations.

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Thanks Cmorningstar1, I wasn't sure what the "correct" color was. while I had seen the orange once before, thats all I had ever seen was that 1 set.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I think Wildfire has orange weights on his, Not sure if they came that way or he painted them but in my opinion if the wheel is orange the weight should be orange, I do not have weights on my B7500HSD but I do have Two 55lb Kubota suitcase weights on the front of my B5100E and they are the blue/grey and match the frame.

Val

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I think Wildfire has orange weights on his, Not sure if they came that way or he painted them but in my opinion if the wheel is orange the weight should be orange,
Val
I ordered the weights and they came in orange. Here'a few pics while it was at the dealership ;)

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
could you imagine juggling those buggers. whew! that would be a chore on a hot dusty afternoon.

Wildfire

Equipment
could you imagine juggling those buggers. whew! that would be a chore on a hot dusty afternoon.
Ya that would be tough to do. For anyone installing these it's best to lay the wheel down and lay the stackable weights into the wheel and install the wheel afterwards. Right now the four weights ring in at 800 lbs.

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
I have 1 50lbs cast iron barbell weight that is the right size for a front wheel weight.
I am going to check the local used sports equipment stores to see what sizes the weights are, I am thinking I just need to drill a few holes and presto front wheel weights.
Just a thought.
KC

Wildfire

Equipment
I have 1 50lbs cast iron barbell weight that is the right size for a front wheel weight.
I am going to check the local used sports equipment stores to see what sizes the weights are, I am thinking I just need to drill a few holes and presto front wheel weights.
Just a thought.
KC
Now that's a good idea! I'm going to pass that on to a friend of mine. I'd tell him it was my idea but he'd know I'm not that smart :D Thanks!

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Now that's some of that good old red neck fixin asbug.
Thanks guys!
It was a matter of being at the right place at the right time, the weight was laying right where I parked the B7001 the other day - looked at it and said "hummmm..."
LOL,
KC