Wheel weights for B21

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why are you trying to avoid filling the tires?
It's the best way to get some serious ballast on that model.

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
Why are you trying to avoid filling the tires?
It's the best way to get some serious ballast on that model.
Concerns about dealing with punctures and plugs. Some concerns about the fluid affecting sudden motion.

More and more, though it seems weights are not really suitable for these wheels.

I suppose I will settle on -20 degree washer fluid. Called a local dealer for pricing on beet juice, but have not gotten an answer on price.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have mine filled on my little beast, never a worry about fluid sloshing around or giving handling problems. Filling them is simple and easy and really a cheap way of giving you the weight you need and you will notice how much more stable your tractor will feel

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
I have mine filled on my little beast, never a worry about fluid sloshing around or giving handling problems. Filling them is simple and easy and really a cheap way of giving you the weight you need and you will notice how much more stable your tractor will feel
What did you use for fill? I am a bit down on the beet juice as the dealer never bothered to reply to me, either to fill or for bulk.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welllll I used old used antifreeze I found at a auto scrap yard. Yeah I know its not safe for the birds and bugs what ever, Or use windshield washer fluid its pretty cheap and I think is a tad over 8 pounds a gallon. I will here state, that what ever you use the easy and best way is to jack the tractor up making sure to block the front wheels. You dont need to jack it up high just enough to take the weight off the tire. Pull the valve gut out and let it deplete it self of pressure. Now there are several ways of filling you can go buy an adapter at TS or RK for like 20 bucks or you can red neck it. I used an old pump sprayer removed the nozzle and just forced the hose over the vale body, like I said red neck. then pumped inthe fluid. You will have to let out the air once in a while because as you fill the tire/tube the ambient air will begin to compress to the point you cant put any thing in, so you let it out and start filling again. Some guys like to keep the valve stem at 3 or 9 o:clock and just fill to that point, about half a tire full. Myself I set it at 12 o:clock, now if you go that route when you think it is full, remove the hose and it will squirt out untill the fluid level is level with the valve. At this juncture replace the valve stem and pump the tire up to the pressure stated on the side wall. You will still have the air so its not like riding on a foam filled tire so its all good. DO NOT, take the wheel off to fill, unless you have some bulky help to put it back on! Don't ask :)
I hope some of my rambling helped you