Wheel spacers for L4701

ILForeman

Equipment
Kubota L4701 w/FEL Ag tires
Oct 1, 2016
IL
I purchased my Kubota with a front end loader a few months ago. I mow a pond & lake levy that are steep. I haven't been using the Kubota do mow them, as it gave me a scare the last time I tried to use it. It has the wider ag tires on it & the rims are flipped so it has the widest stance available with how it sets now. I found some 6" BORA tractor spacers I think would help. I know Kubota sells some but they only go up to 1.5". I need more width. Anyone have any experience with wheel spacers on a similar Kubota?

Thanks in advance!

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
I purchased my Kubota with a front end loader a few months ago. I mow a pond & lake levy that are steep. I haven't been using the Kubota do mow them, as it gave me a scare the last time I tried to use it. It has the wider ag tires on it & the rims are flipped so it has the widest stance available with how it sets now. I found some 6" BORA tractor spacers I think would help. I know Kubota sells some but they only go up to 1.5". I need more width. Anyone have any experience with wheel spacers on a similar Kubota?

Thanks in advance!

Nothing to say about the spacers......but are your tires filled? Made a difference in the feel on mine. Just a thought.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
I put a set of Bora 3.5 inch spacers on my L3901 which widened it to 70 inches and I love them. A lot more stable, easy to install and have had no problems with or because of them. Also if your rears aren't filled that helps too.

ILForeman

Equipment
Kubota L4701 w/FEL Ag tires
Oct 1, 2016
IL
Thanks for the input. No, I haven't filled the rears yet. Going to try that & some 4" spacers. Didn't want to take the FEL off, so will try these 2 things first & see if it helps enough I can leave the FEL on.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Removing the FEL also makes the tractor much more stable and after removing and reinstalling it a few timesI found that it's a piece of cake and takes no more than 5 minuites to do and is well worth the effort for the additional stability.

jwkeech

Equipment
Kubota l4701, 52" tiller, 60" woods finish mower, 7' tandem, 5' brush hog, 2 row
Aug 18, 2021
Bath, NC
I have a L4701 w/o the loader. The one thing I didn't check before buying was if I could widen it out from 54" to 72". So now I'm looking at 9" spacers front and rear so I can do 2 row farming. Is this feasible? To leave it at 54" I'll have to make watermelon rows. I'm new to the site and not trying to hijack the tread.