wheel spacers for bx23

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
My BX23 TLB has a 60" mm mower. While checking for wheel spacers, I have found that the left side clearance between rear tire and mower wheel bracket is 1.4" but on the right side, the clearance is over 3". It does not appear that anything is bent or attached incorrectly. So, my question is...is this the way it should be? With the mower attached, wheel spacers of 1.3" would probably work but would 2.6" wider track really give that
more much stability?

Tractor Gal

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My BX23 TLB has a 60" mm mower. While checking for wheel spacers, I have found that the left side clearance between rear tire and mower wheel bracket is 1.4" but on the right side, the clearance is over 3". It does not appear that anything is bent or attached incorrectly. So, my question is...is this the way it should be? With the mower attached, wheel spacers of 1.3" would probably work but would 2.6" wider track really give that
more much stability?

Tractor Gal
I think my BX2200 with 60 inch MMM is similar. I think I put 1.25 inch spacers on it successfully. Could have been 1.5 inch though. One side on my BX with MMM has a lot more clearance between the rear tire and the anti scalp wheel than the other side does.

Wider is better but you can only use what you can use.

Bought mine on line for around $50 delivered. Ebay, Amazon or Walmart. Don't remember. The quality was excellent. There are threads here with details. These spacers are for a Jeep but work fine on the BX.

Sorry, I do not have a link to any threads...but a search should turn some up.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I think my BX2200 with 60 inch MMM is similar. I think I put 1.25 inch spacers on it successfully. Could have been 1.5 inch though. One side on my BX with MMM has a lot more clearance between the rear tire and the anti scalp wheel than the other side does.

Wider is better but you can only use what you can use.

Bought mine on line for around $50 delivered. Ebay, Amazon or Walmart. Don't remember. The quality was excellent. There are threads here with details. These spacers are for a Jeep but work fine on the BX.

Sorry, I do not have a link to any threads...but a search should turn some up.
I'm glad...but not glad...that your tractor has similar clearance. I thought there was a problem with this one. I'll try to find the spacers you've mentioned. $50 is a far cry better than $130! Thanks

TG

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'm glad...but not glad...that your tractor has similar clearance. I thought there was a problem with this one. I'll try to find the spacers you've mentioned. $50 is a far cry better than $130! Thanks

TG
I checked and found I ordered from Amazon.

RockTrix 2pcs 1.25 inch Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers (71.5mm bore, 1/2x20 Studs) Compatible with Jeep Cherokee XJ Grand Cherokee ZJ Wrangler YJ TJ Liberty KJ KK (32mm 5x114.3) Black

If you search amazon or elsewhere with these specs you should find something I bet.

Price in July 2020 was $39.99 plus sales tax, and I believe with free delivery.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I checked and found I ordered from Amazon.

RockTrix 2pcs 1.25 inch Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers (71.5mm bore, 1/2x20 Studs) Compatible with Jeep Cherokee XJ Grand Cherokee ZJ Wrangler YJ TJ Liberty KJ KK (32mm 5x114.3) Black

If you search amazon or elsewhere with these specs you should find something I bet.

Price in July 2020 was $39.99 plus sales tax, and I believe with free delivery.
Thanks for this, Henro. I will certainly check it out. Would I need to get other bolts, etc., if I go with these?

And, if I can keep asking...do you find that small amount of
extra width gives more stability? Thanks again for helping

TG

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Thanks for this, Henro. I will certainly check it out. Would I need to get other bolts, etc., if I go with these?

And, if I can keep asking...do you find that small amount of
extra width gives more stability? Thanks again for helping

TG
Wouldn't you know it...no longer available!

TG

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Wouldn't you know it...no longer available!

TG
OK...sorry, Henro. My VPN was causing the "not available." When I turned it off, these are available. Current amazon price is $46.25. I'm trying to figure out if Bro-tek is a better idea due to the tapered bolts. No, I won't be doing a lot of work on sides of hills, etc., but this seems like something that needs to be suited to this tractor, if you know what I mean. Thanks for giving me something to consider.

TG

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I purchased Grade 8 bolts and thread matching lug nuts from McMaster Carr, and installed my Jeep spacers onto the axle. As a safety precaution, I used Loctite mild thread locker on the bolts to the axle. The lug nuts centered the spacer properly to the tractor, and then using lug nuts again on the spacer studs, the rear wheel was perfectly centered. The only difference other than price that I could see is that the Bro-Tec spacers are machined with the proper hub size to match the wheel. Yes, that does make it easier to install the wheel, but it is the studs and lug nuts that hold the wheel onto the spacer, and the bolts and lug nuts that hold the spacer to the axle. Cars didn't have the machined hub that matched the wheel until 1962 (Chevrolet), and we didn't have a problem before that time changing a tire and wheel without the centering hub.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I purchased Grade 8 bolts and thread matching lug nuts from McMaster Carr, and installed my Jeep spacers onto the axle. As a safety precaution, I used Loctite mild thread locker on the bolts to the axle. The lug nuts centered the spacer properly to the tractor, and then using lug nuts again on the spacer studs, the rear wheel was perfectly centered. The only difference other than price that I could see is that the Bro-Tec spacers are machined with the proper hub size to match the wheel. Yes, that does make it easier to install the wheel, but it is the studs and lug nuts that hold the wheel onto the spacer, and the bolts and lug nuts that hold the spacer to the axle. Cars didn't have the machined hub that matched the wheel until 1962 (Chevrolet), and we didn't have a problem before that time changing a tire and wheel without the centering hub.
Did you have any problems with the 13/16 socket fitting to tighten? Somewhere I read that it takes a really thin-walled socket otherwise the lugs won't get tight.

TG